Chapter 56: Once in a lifetime kind of love

Sarah's POV

I shut my eyes, preparing to die and leave all what I love once and for all. I opened them again to fix every little detail about Keith. I was so not over him. His shaggy hair and grey eyes and beard that he allowed to grow before. His eyes were wide open in shock and worry. I smiled at him encouragingly... I tried to convey the message 'It's fine... it's not your fault' with that smile but I don't think it's what he wanted to know at this moment. Tears escaped his eyes and his fists were clenched at his side, he was trying to stop himself from charging at Antonio. I kept my eyes fixed on Keith, when Antonio spoke, "What's it going to be Keith? Why don't you pay me what her dad owes me and take this beautiful wife of yours home?"

Keith growled, "How much?"

Antonio said in a sing song voice,
" Several billion dollars..I'll settle for a billion from you. The rest I can get from owning her dad's company"

"For her safety, anything!" Keith shouted, the sound of his voices echoed through the parking lot and I felt his words cut deep into my heart. I felt his love, it was that rare, once in a lifetime kind of love. I let out a sob, uncontrollably. Keith walked to his car and pulled out a cheque book from the dashboard. Before he could sign the cheque, Noel threw himself at Antonio knocking the gun out of his hands and covering me so that I don't get shot... Suddenly, Antonio fell forward on his knees. A bullet had hit Antonio straight in the back of his head. A sniper shot. Antonio's guards were all overpowered by Keith/Noel's bodyguards. Keith came running to me but before I could fall into his arms. He crumpled to the floor. One of Antonio's bodyguards had managed to shoot Keith on the left side of his lower back. His blood spread across his shirt. I felt a scream escape my throat as Martin cane running to help Keith and so did Noel. Oh my god. Keith stood in the way. That bullet was meant for me... it was supposed to take my life. The police sirens could be heard and we knew they would take care of everything here so we rushed to the car and put Keith in the back seat and his head rested on my lap. His breathing got more ragged in each breath. I put pressure on his wound so that the blood would but he kept on bleeding... Martin weaved through the traffic and Noel kept shooting glances at the back to see if Keith was still breathing... which he was but I couldn't tell if it was going to be for much longer. All I could do was pray that god didn't take him away from me after finally showing me how much he loved me. My tears fell on his cheek... His breathing grew slower and he closed his eyes.

Author's note: hey guys!!! Okay so is Keith going to die??? What do you think? He gave his life for Sarah. He loves her more than anything. Sure not at first but love finds a way... always. I'm sorry for not updating in a long long time. It's just, I'm really busy with application to uni. Thank you so much for being patient with me. Love you guys so much and really glad to have your support!!!
Love, Essy