Chapter 35: In the light.

This part is dedicated to @wefive

Sarah's P.O.V

Keith and I were sitting facing the pool, having warm sunny side eggs and buttered toast for breakfast. I sipped my orange juice as I bit the straw. That was one of my bad habits. I always bit the straw... Keith cleared his throat, 'Who was that guy?'

'Which guy?' I asked surprised by the sudden topic.

'The guy you were dancing and laughing with at the ball.' His expression darkened at the memory.

He was asking about Jeremy. Why would he ask about Jeremy? What did he do?

'Why do you ask?' I enquired him.

'Just.' He grunted. 'He was dancing with you for long and you two were really close.' He scratched the back of his neck, nervously.

How could he suggest something like that about me and Jeremy? He thought me and Jeremy were involved romantically. What else could 'close' mean? I stood up, pissed. I've always got pissed at anyone who spoke ill of my friendship with Jeremy, ever since of high school.

'We are not like that.' I turned and stormed off. I paused for a while. Something struck me...

I turned around and faced him. He had also stood up. We were a few steps away from each other but I was sure he could see my stony expression, as he looked apologetic. I went closer to him so that none of his family members could overhear us if they happen to come to this part of the resort.

'Well, if you call me and Jeremy close...What would you call you and that slutty b*tch you were having the night of your life with before I came to see you?'

His eyes widened. 'I can exp-' ,he started.

'No, you can't.' I cut him off. 'There couldn't possibly be a logical explanation as to why you slept with her. You were married to me, were in love with someone else but slept with her...'

He was speechless. I took that as my advantage.

'Thought so.' With that I stormed off to our room leaving my half eaten breakfast and Keith behind.

***

I opened the door and slammed it as hard I could. I was so angry. I couldn't believe that for a moment we were silently having breakfast and the next we were arguing. Why can't I have a normal life with a happy husband and a couple of kids happily playing around us? Instead, I had to be stuck with an egoistic asshole who thinks everyone in this world is wrong except him.

Jer was just my best friend. He couldn't think that of him. That was wrong. Of course, he didn't know that he was just my friend but still I was just dancing!!! He fucking slept with another girl. How am supposed to be the culprit here? I was definitely the victim.

I shouldn't have let it be easy for him. Friends is okay, but definitely not letting him take advantage of my innocence anymore.

A/n: hey guys. Thanks for your support and votes. New updates every Friday people J

Hey guys I really appreciate your feedback but you all should understand that I have a specific plot for the story and I may have something planned for the future but just not updated it. So I'm kindly requesting you all to be patient for the next update. As I've already mentioned, Sarah is naïve and innocent, and as much as that can make you angry that's just the way she is.