Chapter 51: The Meeting

Sarah's POV

It has been a week since I came to London to run my father's company branch here. Just like how teenagers go to parties to get over their ex and find someone new, I've been going to work except in my case I didn't find anyone new. Although the way we try to move on maybe different as we grow older, ultimately the cause is a guy and the goal is to be distracted. I couldn't say 'I've moved on' because I knew I still haven't. No matter how many meetings I have in a day's schedule, documents I read, invoices I handle and shipments I have to confirm, Keith still finds his way into my mind. After all that happened, it just ended up to be financial interests he had and nothing else. I should've known. The kisses and the love was too good to be true to be from real feelings.

I haven't called my parents, watched TV, read books or called my friends. I ditched my old phone and started new. It has just been work, work, and work since the day I came here and it helps at least during the day. At night, it's a whole other story. My assistant, Jewel, walked into my office. My office was on the top floor of the building. It had a grey carpeted floor with white walls and the furnishing was in black. Simple and elegant. I had few ornaments on my desk that I didn't pick out. The room was completely air conditioned, the heater was on and it was in just the right temperature, not too cold and not too warm. The clock in front of me read 5 o'clock, the sun was setting with a burning orange outside my window which displayed the panoramic London skyline. I stood in front of the window as Jewel got off a call. I shook away the memory of watching the sunset with Keith. She looked at me and I smiled at her.

"You don't look well, ma'am. Can I get you anything?" She inquired with her thick British accent, full of concern.

"No, Jewel, thank but I'm fine."

"I'm here to inform you that one of our biggest London branch business partner is on his way to meet you ma'am. Should I reschedule his meeting?"

"No, it's fine. What is his name?"

"Mr. Alex Jennings and his wife."

Noel's POV

I stopped in front of the Williams mansion. I got out quickly and ran inside, knowing Lily was right behind me so I didn't bother to wait for her. I banged on the door hurriedly before the security noticed me.

"Come out, Williams!"

The door flew open and I was facing an angry man who was in his 50s. This fucking asshole. He's been friends with the Kirsts for a very long time. Keith's father was his best friend. How the fuck could he not care about his best friend's son and his son in law? He does business with Darroway Enterprises as well and I knew when I first met him that he was money-minded as fuck.

"Where's Sarah?" I demanded.

"Hello Mr. Williams." Lily pleasantly greeted him without knowing this man's true nature. I shot her look that clearly, 'Don't say another word.' She shut up. Good. Now, we are communicating. He looked confused to see Lily with me, like as if he couldn't do the math. Trust me, if you told me this a day earlier even I wouldn't have believed it.

"Lily?" he asked confusedly.

"Yes, Mr. Williams? We came here looking for Sarah." Lily replied.

"She isn't here." He replied abruptly.

"Then I'm sure you've seen the news and heard about what happened to Keith. I'd love to know why you didn't bother to visit?" I growled.

He looked nervous and his forehead had beads of sweat. "I was too busy. Now, if you excuse me, I have work to do."

He tried to shut the door but I kept my foot in between.

"Where's Sarah?" I asked him as my blood boiled. My patience was running low.

"I don't have to tell you anything. Security!"

I shoved open the door and he fell backwards. I went in and called for Sarah from the top of my voice and so did Lily.

"What is happening here?" Sarah's mother came inquiring in bewilderment.

"I sent her away!" Williams yelled, giving up. "Keith tried to take away my company!"

"That was a misunderstanding! I prepared the document but Keith refused to use Sarah in that way!" I yelled above him.

"Where did you send her?"

"I won't tell you." He spat.

"You leave me no choice except to withdraw from all businesses my company shares with you. Let's see how you stay rich then." I blackmailed.

"No! You don't understand! I have to keep Sarah safe from him."

"Where is she? Safe from who? Keith?" I inquired.

"I can't tell you. I have to keep her away from here. You have to understand. I can't tell Keith or his family either." "I used the opportunity to keep Sarah away from here." "I didn't visit Keith because they would think I would tell the Kirsts about them."

"Who?"

"Darroway! Leave! For all of our safety!"

"This isn't the end of it." I said and stormed out of the house with Lily's hand held in mine. I let go her hand and got in the front seat, behind the wheel. While she was strapping in, I was looking for a number on my contact list. I found the number and called. After a short wait, my friend answered.

"Hey Colin, I need you to do me a favour."

"Anything, man. What's up?"

"Could you please get me henry William credit card details and transaction list please?"

"Sure. Do I need to know why? Should I get one of my teams involved?"

"No. I don't need the police involved yet."

I hung up and faced Lily who looked at me in awe. I smirked secretly.

Keith's POV

I could feel her warm hand holding onto mine, leading the way by the shoreline. Her laugh was like the sweetest melody I've heard and her eyes were as blue as the ocean right before they crashed at the shore bringing white foam.

'Sarah, don't let go of me.'

'I won't, Keith. Just follow me.'

He walked into a dark cave where I could see the light coming from its end as a tiny speck, which kept getting bigger and bigger. A huge wave crashed at my face pouring me with saltwater, at the end of the cave. The wind that hit me afterwards made me shiver and feel a chill through my spine. My throat was burning from the saltwater. I needed water.

"Water." I moaned.

'Open your eyes, Keith.' Sarah's voice came but I couldn't see her. With great difficulty I tried to open my eyes to see a white light that momentarily blinded me. My throat was still burning. I wanted water so badly.

"Water." I croaked.

"Keith?" It was my mother's voice.

"Kiara! Go get the doctor! Keith's awake."

I was at the hospital.

Author's note: Hey guys! I know it's been a long time. I didn't have time to write with all my school work. I'm terribly sorry. I hope this update would make up for it... I enjoyed writing this one... hope you enjoyed reading it. And click on the external link, this channel has some pretty cool stuff...

leave a comment if you like it.

***