Chapter 30: I'm up for it.

Sarah's P.O.V

I stood up feeling intimidated by the proximity. I felt like my already fragile walls were being broken down by him. I've had enough. He moved away from me, seeing I didn't want to continue the little 'piano lesson'. I tried to walk away into the spare bedroom which was given to me. I felt his hand grab my arm, turning me around to face him.

"First of all, don't touch me." I boldly told him.

He looked taken aback by what I said.

"Why not? I'm your husband." He retorted.

"A husband? First try being a gentleman."

"Stop. You are pushing me to my limit."

"Oh what will you do? Hit me? Again? Slap me? Go back to London looking for your Jessica?" I replied.

"I'm tired, Keith. I'm tired of being in love with you. I gave up a long time ago. And if you think you can hurt me again, you're wrong. I'm only putting up with this...with you, for your father. I love him like my own dad. I'm not gonna hurt him." With that I walked off and shut the door and locked it, clearly showing him I didn't want to be disturbed.

Keith's P.O.V

"I'm tired, Keith. I'm tired of being in love with you. I gave up a long time ago. And if you think you can hurt me again, you're wrong. I'm only putting up with this...with you, for your father. I love him like my own dad. I'm not gonna hurt him," She said.

I looked at her as she walked into her room and shut the door and I heard her key turn. I sat down back in front of the piano. I was confused. I don't want to hit her. I hate it when she talks to me like that. Hell, I hate it when anyone talks to me like that but now I don't want to hurt her. The image of her laughing with 'that guy' at the ball came into my mind. I wanted her to laugh like that with me. I didn't want to make her cry anymore.

Why would she think I would go back to Jessica? Oh shit! Brenda, the receptionist must have told her where I went when she came to give me the divorce at the office. Sarah must've made the connection. But I would never go back to Jessy now. I love her but not in that way, not anymore. 

How do I let Sarah know that it's all over and that I don't want that life anymore? Wait, why should I let her know? Who is she to me? What is happening to me? I want her to come with us so badly on this vacation, but usually I would have done anything to get rid of her. I care about what she thinks about me. I care about who makes her laugh. This is new. Very new, especially with Sarah. Do I love her or am I just attracted to her?

I need to talk to someone. I went into my room and took out my phone and called Jacob from the speed dial.

"Hey man."

"What's up? In love again?" he asked me.

"No. Never."

"So you are still in denial." He chuckled.

"What are you talking about?"

"Dude, it's obvious."

"What's obvious?" I ask him, my temper rising.

"You hated her. Now you make sure she gets home safe. I'm talking about the incident at the ball."

"I still hate her. My family likes her. They want to go on this vaca-"

"Oh yeah and did you refuse to go?"

"No."

"That right there is the proof, my friend." Jake laughed.