Chapter 23: Hiding

Sarah's P.O.V

Camera flashes all went off at once as soon as I got out of the black Audi my father had given me as a gift for joining the company. I walked with my head held high through the red carpet avoiding all the shouts of the paparazzi that were fixed on one topic. My 'husband'. I tried to shut it out but I couldn't.

"Mrs Kirst, is anything wrong between you and your husband?"

"Mrs Kirst, why are you alone?"

"Mrs Kirst, why didn't you come here along with your husband who's already here since earlier?"

My pupils dilated and my breath hitched upon hearing that. He's here? Shit! What am I going to do? I turned look at the way I came from, should I run away? No. I was done running away. I decided to face him and now I guess I should. I faced the door to the grand mansion before me, kept ignoring the questions thrown at me and walked in.

***

After collaborating with two of my father's well known business associates, I decided to get a drink. Just as I was about to reach out to get a glass of champagne from a tray, a flash of golden hair caught my eye. He was talking to two other grim faced businessmen. I was certain it was him. His tall frame compared to me, about six feet two inches, square shoulders and his golden hair, perfectly straight, slightly longer than the last time I saw him.

Luckily, his back was turned to me. I hid my face and went upstairs using the waiters' staircase. I couldn't be seen by him. Not yet. I thought I could face him already but I clearly couldn't. I needed more time. All the waiters who saw me looked bewildered. One of them came up to me and said, "Madam, this is the-"

"I know, I'm sorry." I cut him off and rushed out through the exit that led to the second floor. It was packed with people. I tried to ignore the fact that he was down there but I terribly failed. My mind kept wondering back to him. I tried distracting myself by talking to my father's business associates and their wives. It did work a bit but it got quite boring as it was all about business. I excused myself and started walking towards the balcony and a voice came from behind me, "My, my, my, don't you look stunning tonight, darling!"

That voice...

Author's note: Thank you for all the votes all of you guys. Thank you so much. And keep commenting what you think. I know this is a short chapter but they're small because I update soon. Don't want to keep you guys waiting ;) I hope you like this chapter... ended with suspense, I know. Just to build the tension ;) please vote, comment and recommend <3