Chapter 55: Too slow

Keith's POV

   I was raised my hand to wave at her, her eyes lit up in seeing me and I just felt a flicker of hope. Just as I was  about to cross the road a black Audi Q7 raced towards Sarah and a guy grabbed her inside. Sarah's scream was muffled by his palm. What the hell? Where was the airport security? Shit!
"Sarah!" I shouted after the car that took her away. I felt someone grab my collar and pull me backwards. No! Why? And a car raced past me almost hitting me. Noel pulled me back saving my life.
"Let's follow that car, come on. Or we'll lose her."
We rushed to where we parked. Well, I limped as fast as I could. She was so close to me. If I had gotten to her a bit sooner I could've explained everything but now she was gone. Even if I die, I have to make sure she gets back safe. Noel chased the vehicle Sarah was taken by. We finally almost caught up.

"Keith, note the vehicle plate number," Noel said.
I obliged without asking questions. I jotted it down in the back of a parking ticket I found in the dashboard. He called someone while weaving through the traffic making sure he didn't lose the car we were chasing.
"Derek I want you to find out who this car is registered under." He said and read the number to the guy on the phone.  "Track my cell phone, inform the police that we are currently chasing people who kidnapped Keith's wife. She's a blonde and about 5'4." He hung up and turned towards me. I called Martin and told him to get the finest bodyguards, fully armed and to track my mobile phone in order follow me.

"Dude, I don't think we can track Sarah's cell. She wouldn't have her old number would she?" Noel asked me.

I doubt it. If she has just landed, she wouldn't have had time to change back to her old number. I simply shook my head sideways. Noel's eyes were hard as steel and he was focused on the car quote ahead of us. He looked pissed.
"Don't worry, Keith." He tried to reassure me. He must've noticed I didn't say much. I usually stay quiet when I'm worried. I simply nodded. I saw Martin and some of my other bodyguards following us. Martin flashed the headlights to indicate he was right behind us. The car ahead with Sarah turned into what looked like an old, abandoned parking lot just outside the city.

Sarah's POV

I was suddenly grabbed by two men in black suits who towered over me. I struggled as much as I could but they held me strongly. They threw me into the backseat and both of them got in. I pushed them and shoved but it was no use. The tied my hands behind my back. I couldn't move at all. Two men were in either sides. I could barely see Keith from the heavily tinted windows. The car started to move and I couldn't still figure out who would do this. Who would want to hurt me? I screamed for help but it was no use. The guy on my right just gagged me and then they blindfolded my eyes so that I couldn't see where I was going. All I could do was wait...

After what felt like around 15 minutes, the car finally stopped and a strong grip pulled me out of the car.
"Welcome, Sarah." I heard a man's voice with a thick Italian accent. I've never heard his voice before. Suddenly someone yanked the blindfold off and the sudden brightness almost blinded me. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the brightness and there before stood a man who was quite tall with black straight hair falling towards one side of his face. I couldn't recognize him but from what I could see he had a tattoo up his neck and light scars on his face and lower arm. He had rolled up the sleeves of his black shirt. His bodyguards or minions stood right behind him their hands ready to draw out their weapon. The guy who "welcomed" me was was walking around me like he was looking at every inch of my body. I struggled to get away from the grasp of the two men holding me in place. I couldn't ask the guy who he was but he spoke like as if he read my mind.

"My name is Antonio. You, my darling, are very important to me because your dad decided to not give me my money."
"I've already called your father, let's see if he loves you or not...and if he even thinks of calling the police, I'll have no choice but to send you to your dad in a bag."
He run his long thin finger against the side of my face. I felt a shiver run down my spine. I felt like this guy wouldn't hesitate to kill. I was so close to Keith. Would he come after me? To save me? Or am I alone? Who am I kidding? Why would he come to save me after I left that message... I felt like I've lost all hope. I would never see his steel grey eyes again. Tears rolled down my cheeks...

I heard car tires screech into the parking lot.
The car drifted and knocked two of the guys who came running closer to shoot the driver. It was Keith and Noel. No! These guys had guns. They could hurt them. I thrashed about as much as I could to keep Antonio distracted and not draw his gun out. Noel fired shots randomly from his gun, taking care to miss me and Keith too shot a guy in the shoulder. They both abandoned the car and took cover behind a Toyota Axio. Out of nowhere two guys jumped from the second floor onto Antonio's bodyguards before they could shoot and knocked them out. Martin ran in and shot down a guy who tried to shoot Keith. The police siren could be heard from far away and Antonio slapped me hard on my cheek. I felt the pain numb my face for almost a minute and I realized that he had drawn out his gun using that time.

Keith's POV

From the corner of my eye I could sense Martin was covering for me. The police was always fucking late. We took down as many we could. Noel changed his magazine and watched for a clear shot at Antonio but I gripped his shoulder.
"Too risky. Sarah's too close."  I told him. He simply nodded and fired at the guy who was at Antonio's tight covering him. Suddenly, Antonio started laughing like a lunatic.
"Stop firing or I'll shoot her." He shouted, knowing it would make me call of the gunfire.

I locked eyes with Martin and he understood. He spoke through the comm with the rest of my security asking them to seize fire immediately. Antonio pointed his gun towards Sarah and smiled maliciously, "Mr. Kirst, how nice of you to join our little party... come out come out wherever you are..." he shouted. I had no choice, Sarah's life was the only thing on my mind right now. Noel followed me.
"Now, drop your guns! All of you!" He shouted and we did. Noel was glaring at Antonio. I wouldn't blame him. I wanted to rip that guy's head off.
My eyes met Sarah's. Her blue eyes were full of tears. Her tart stained cheeks were red and one side was bruised. I bit my teeth and balled my fists in anger. How dare he...
Antonio enjoyed me being angry like it was the latest episode of his favorite tv show. He yanked Sarah's hair back making her scream in pain. I jumped towards her in anxiety but Noel pulled me back, reminding me Antonio had a gun. Antonio licked his lip, slowly pointed the gun at Sarah's temple and cocked his gun...

A/n: hey guys!!!! New update!!! What do you think about this action packed scene huh??? Sarah and Keith finally see each other but ripped apart. Will Sarah be saved? Or will Antonio take away Keith's love away for ever? What do you think? Antonio is some lunatic huh? Comment what you think. Don't forget to vote, comment and recommend... and to those of you who enjoy my writing check out my new book >>>

 and to those of you who enjoy my writing check out my new book >>>

Love , Essy ❤️