Chapter 46: Right all wrongs

Keith's POV

I woke up when the sun dazzled through the windows as the curtains were left drawn yesterday. Sarah was here. I smiled at that thought. I looked around to find out where she is. Blurred memories of what happened last night flooded through my mind. Kissing her, holding her in my arms and telling her how I feel. I rarely ever did that. I never shared anyone about my emotions because I always thought that's what made you weak. Ever since I saw my father collapse before my eyes when my mother was  kidnapped when I was five years old. I never showed anyone how I felt. Every time I did, I got hurt. Jessica hurt me. I hoped Sarah wouldn't do the same.

I went to the kitchen and still she wasn't here. "Sarah." I tried calling out. Silence. I went back to the couch and sat down wondering where she went. Wait, maybe she was upstairs taking a shower or something. As I got up to leave something caught my eye. A document and sticky note pasted on it. I read through the file. It was the document stating my company was going to buy Sarah's. It was dated to the day we got married. I thought I threw this away. Apparently not. I saw her note. My insides were clenched in fear. No. No. I didn't lie. I really like her. I didn't lie. My head was throbbing in pain. I threw the document in anger and frustration at how stupid I was to not discard that document. I toppled the coffee table and the glass crashed on the floor. Shattering into a million pieces. I stepped on it forgetting all sense of pain and smashed the frames on the wall of me holding my business degree and receiving awards for my skill. I hate myself right now. I went to the kitchen and smashed all the plates. I wrecked my home completely.

I didn't need all this to myself. I wanted to share it with someone. Someone I hoped wouldn't break me. Instead I just got broken again and again. I need her to understand that I'm not just a beast without emotions I appeared to be when I got married to her. I ran upstairs with blood dripping off my feet and I grabbed a new shirt. I ran downstairs and winced in pain. I didn't care. I needed to clear this misunderstanding. I wanted to go to Lily's place and find her. I drove as fast as I could and got to her friend's place. I knocked hurriedly on the door. Lily opened it and looked at me confusedly.
"Where is she?". I asked her.
"What do you mean? I thought she was with you?"
"She left in the morning. I need to find her."
She looked worried as well.
"There is a misunderstanding." I told her. I explained everything what happened to Lily. For a second, I thought she was going to punch me but she didn't. She looked at me sympathetically. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and called someone.
"Jeremy, did Sarah come over?"
"She didn't? Uh huh. Okay, thanks."
Worry etched on her face, she looked at me.
"She isn't there."
Her house. That was all that was left. I got into the car and I drove at 200 mph. I reached and the security wouldn't let me in. She was definitely here. That's why they wouldn't let me in.
I had no other option. I shouted with all the air in my lungs.
"Sarah I need to talk to you!"
The guards pushed me away and I pulled away from them. I tried running inside but they caught up to me. Sarah's father came out of the mansion. He walked over to me and told the guards to release me.
"She's not here. I sent her away."
"Where is she? It's just a misunderstanding."
He chuckled, " Misunderstanding is it? That you wanted to trick my daughter and take away everything?"
"No, I have more than enough from my business."
"Then explain why you had that document prepared?" He raised his voice.
I didn't have an explanation. I wanted to take it before. But not now. Now all that mattered was her. She was gone.

"You have nothing here, Keith."
He said and walked back inside. The guards let go and dropped to my knees. She was gone. She took everything. After all, my confessions were for nothing. She punished me for what I did. She broke me. She's gone. My mind felt numb. My world was void of anyone emotions as I got into my car. I started it and pulled away from her house. My feet were still bleeding. My eyes were tearing. I wanted to go tell my father everything but he isn't here anymore. I drove faster than I've ever before. Passing every other vehicle and greeting angry honks from them. I turned sharply without looking and raced forward and a truck crashed my car from the side. I felt my world turn upside down as the car tossed over. Smoke filled my lungs. I was stuck, my vision blurred and I closed my eyes. I saw her. Wearing that beautiful dress at the ball, then it changed to how she looked before we went to Jacob's wedding. Her smile. Her blue eyes.
"Call 911!" I heard someone shout as I blacked out.

Author's note: hey guys!!!! Holy shit! Keith is dying!!!!! Another update because I didn't update in a while!! FMHH has reached #56 in romance!!!! And 8k votes. Is anyone willing to make a cover or trailer? These are the final few chapters of this story so I want to see upload some fan work. I'm working on my new book and is called "Nerd Glasses and Leather Jackets" it is teen fiction. A badboy story with a twist. I'll update the first chapter soon. please check it out and let me know what you think.
Love, Essy <3