Chapter 27: Shattered

This chapter is dedicated to @trina1010

Sarah's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what he just did for me...
Was it him? Of course it was. But then, why would he do such a thing for me? Let me get away after I slapped him like that. I was wearing a black crop top and jean shorts. I was sitting cross legged on the couch, finishing up a tub of cookie dough ice cream and was wondering why he would help me after I humiliated him? I couldn't ask Lily because she was visiting an aunt of hers who lived in Beverly Hills. She wouldn't come till tomorrow and to be finest I didn't want to trouble her at this hour.
I shook my head in confusion, giving up on finding an answer to my questions. I thought of calling Jeremy but it was almost midnight and he wasn't a light sleeper so the possibility of him waking up to answer my calls were close to nil. Now I was left with one option only. I picked up my phone from the coffee table and sent him a text.
"Can I come over?"
Keith's name flashed up on my screen. Instead of replying to my message, he was calling me! My hands were trembling as I swiped my finger across the screen to answer the call. "Hello?" I started timidly.
"My driver will be there in ten minutes." The call ended. Ten minutes? Only ten minutes? I rushed upstairs to brush my teeth and to wear something appropriate. Finally, I ended up wearing dark blue jeans and a yellow silk long sleeved top that revealed a little skin close to my hip. I slipped on my denim jacket and then brushed my strawberry lip balm across my lips. I heard the doorbell and I rushed downstairs. I opened the door, to see a man in his fifties standing their waiting for me with a car door open. I gave him a smile rich he returned and I got in.

I twiddled my thumbs while in deep thought. What would he do after he saw me? Hit me? What was going to happen? I guess I will have to find out by myself. The car stopped abruptly bringing me back from my thoughts. We were here. I got out of the car and walked over to the gate. I punched in the code and it opened allowing me to enter 'the demon's lair'. I slowly walked to the giant front doors and rung the doorbell.
It took a while but the door opened and there he stood, topless, revealing his eight pack and he was wearing a pair of khaki shorts which had the button open. I was shamelessly staring at his abs. 'So much for getting over him' my subconscious said. I heard him clear his throat and I was out of my daze. Shit! He caught me staring! 'No shit Sherlock!' My subconscious mocked me again. Shoo! Go away stupid but truthful part of me.
"Can I come in?" I asked tilting my head upwards to look him in the eye, just to look brave. He nodded and moved aside to let me in. I walked in and made my way to the living room. I could hear his footsteps following me too. That's when I heard someone come down the stairs. If he was here with me then who was that? I looked at who it is out of curiosity and my eyes widened with shock.

It was this girl he was dancing with. That wasn't what was bothering me. Her attire was what bothered me. She was wearing his shirt which buttoned up incorrectly and nothing other than his boxers. She walked up to him while eyeing up and down. He coiled his arms around her waist and pulled her close to give her a long passionate kiss. A kiss like the one we shared. That seemed like a lifetime ago. I couldn't take it anymore. Tears were threatening to spill as I dashed out through the way I came in. I got to the street and fell on my knees. The air was sucked out of my lungs and the world went black... I passed out.

Author's note: hey guys!!! I'm back! Sorry sorry sorry for all the small chapters. Hope this one is ok? And dun dun dun... She is heartbroken and she passed out in front of his house on the street? So what if she gets run over? I feel sorry for her too. Poor Sarah! Keith is heartless. But you will understand why he did what he did after I complete the story as I will be doing some exclusive chapters in Keith's pov. Stay tuned. Please vote and comment! Love you guys <3