Real daddy

Bria'Marie Pov

"Sorry for getting in your business, but does Justin still get the girls?"August asked. "Nah." I said handing AJ and Aubri's suitcases over to him.

"How are they dealing with that?"he asked.

"Honestly I don't know, we try to keep them busy so that they won't worry about it, but we plan on talking to them about it."I said .

"Oh ok, I don't mind watching them, youno they're like my kids too."he said. I lightly smiled and said"thanks," getting back into my car.

"Bye mommy."Aj and Aubri said in unison."Bye I love you."I said as I backed out the carport."I love you too mommy."they said in unison before running into August's house.

After dropping them off I went over to my mom's house to pick the girls.

"I knew he wa no good fo yo" my mom said.

"That's what you always say after I break up with someone, but when we're together that's like your favorite son."

"You should have married Vietnamese man."

"My father is black though, so you should be taking your own notes ma."I said laughing

"You see how that ended."she said laughing.

"Well I need to get going, Jermaine is taking us out to eat."

"Such sweet man."She said as I picked up the girls as they slept.

"Yea ma."I said heading to the door.

After leaving ma's house , the girls and I met Jermaine at a pizza parlor.

"Hey baby."I said."Hey Bria."he said giving me a kiss and taking Jade, who had her arms reached out for him, from me.

"Hey Jada ." Jermaine said smiling at her."Hellwo" Jada said kissing his cheek.

Jade was still sleep as usual."What you thinking about baby" Jermaine asked as we sat at the table.
"Nothing,Just Tired." I said holding Jade as she still slept.

"The fact she'll wake up the moment she smells the food."Jermaine said as Jada was touching all over his face.

I laughed and said "Exactly, the moment the pizza is sat on the table."

Like we said ,Jade woke up right when the pizza came.

"Pizza"Jade said yawning.

She crawled out of my arms and went over to Jermaine and sat on his side of the booth.

"Jade and Jada."I said as Jermaine tucked paper towels halfway in their shirts so they wouldn't get their shirts dirty.

"Yes mahma"they said in unison.
I sighed and said"How do I say this? You know your daddy loves you a lot, but right now he's not able to show you how much he loves you. He's Very very busy, so he'll be gone for a while and maybe one day he'll come back."

Their eyes watered up, Jade looked up at Jermaine and said"Daddy you leave?"

I was shocked, they actually think Jermaine is their father.

"No I'm not leaving Jade." Jermaine said.

The girls looked at me in confusion."Your real dad."I said.

"righ hea" Jada said pointing at Jermaine.

"Don't point at people Jada." I said.

They obviously don't remember they're real dad, well we left him when they were  1, but they also met Jermaine when they were 1 up until now. So I don't know why they don't remember him.

I wasn't gonna go on about it, I'll just wait til they're old enough to understand.

After eating and hanging at the pizza parlor we headed back to the house.
"Chris we're home." I yelled up the stairs."Alright!"he yelled back.
The girls ran upstairs to go bother Chris, leaving me with Jermaine.

"Well that turned out unexpected."I said plopping on the sofa."For real. That's crazy they don't remember him."

"But then again when we moved to Jersey all they knew was him being there in the mornings to take them to daycare cause he was gone all day and came home when they were sleeping."

"Wow. That's not a good way to remember your father." Jermaine said sitting next to me.

I grabbed his face, looking him in the eyes,and said,"Promise if anything happens to us as a couple, you won't walk out on them. They look at you as a father, I don't want them dealing with men walking out their lives and becoming the girls with daddy issues."

"Promise." He said. I gave him a kiss and smiled at him. "I'm so lucky to have you in my life." I said."I'm the lucky one."he said.

Should bria have explained to them who their real father is?

Should she wait to tell them?

What age should they really know?