Force Yourself To Forget

Jermaine Pov

Today was Bria'Marie's birthday, everyone came out to celebrate. For me it was kinda awkward,but she invited me and the kids.

It was just awkward cause I was still hurt about our breakup and how she just went right back with August, like we was nothing. I can't be mad though it was expected.

"Happpyy birthday bitchhh!" Rihanna yelled hugging onto Bria.

"Thank you love."she said smiling.

"Happy birthday love." Blair said hugging her next.

"Thank you hun." She said.

"I got the drinks so lets T Up." Chris said as we headed to the kitchen.

They had a house party. Family and friends filled the living room, kitchen and backyard. You had the kids either playing games or running around the house. Jade was glued to me as Jada was running around with her siblings and cousins.

I found myself sitting off in a corner, sitting with one of Bria'Marie's Great-Aunts. I couldn't see myself being around Bria and August and watching them be lovey dovey.

"Now what you doing here sitting here with me and not your woman?" She asked.

"Bria'Marie and I aren't together anymore. She's with August." I said.

"She left a good man , for that nigga?" She said shaking her head.

I sighed and said "Yes Ma'am."

"I know they love each other but he did some fucked up shit to her, I'd beat his ass if she'd let me." She said seriously as I laughed.

"No don't do that." I said laughing.

She watched as Jade held tight to me as she slept.

"I know those girls are thankful for you. It takes a man to do something like that. I'll beat the fuck out that man, he better pray I don't run into him." She said. This woman is funny,I was just laughing.

"They look at me as daddy, I look at them as my daughter, and A breakup is not gonna stop me from being a dad to them. I'm glad God put them in my life, they give me a reason to live."I said as I looked at Jade as she slept.

"God bless you, I know Bria'Marie truly appreciates you." She said.

"You still love her, dontcha?" She added looking at me.

"Yea,  but I know when to let go of those who want to be let go." I said.

"I know that's right." She said.

Her and I talked the whole time I was there and she passed knowledge to me. Once I realized both of my girls crashed, It was our cue to go home. Jada was sleep as Bria held her.

"We're bout to go." I said to Bria as she was sitting with her family and friends.

"Oh ok." She said getting up. You could tell she was drunk.

She followed me out the house still carrying Jada.

She helped me with putting them in the car.

"Why are you leaving so early?" She asked.

"Cause the girls are now sleep, I thought you invited me so that I could bring the girls..." I said.

"I mean, I wanted you here."

"Why ? To play in my face, you wanted me to come and watch you be all caked up with that nigga ?"

"I mean no, I thought we were good. Besides anything, you're still important to me, and a friend of mines. I wanted you here" She said sadly.

"We're not good Bria'Marie. If I was truly wanted here, I wouldn't have been off in a corner-" I said as she cut me off with a raise in her tone saying, "You decided to be in a corner, I'm not going to beg someone to spend time with me on my birthday, you was very much welcomed to be around me."

"How are we not good?" She asked.

"I know you didn't just ask me that Bria'Marie." I said.

"I did." She said.

"I'm here in love with you, and you left me. For the nigga you told me not to worry about. A nigga who did you wrong."

She boohoed cried right there. God I hope no one sees this. Good thing the music was loud in the house.

"You left me! You're the one who broke up with me." She cried.

"Bria'Marie." I said calmly, I hate to see her cry.

"You left me before we even broke up. Your heart wasn't there in our relationship anymore. When we broke up you didn't fight for us. You moved on quickly. To the point its a slap to the face." I said.

"I'm sorry."She said as she hugged me.

"Don't cry, it's your birthday. I'mma be good. If you're happy, I'm happy." I replied.

She looked up at me and grabbed my face. She lightly kissed my lips. Then next thing you know we deadass making out. Her Whole nigga in the backyard enjoying the party while she here making out with me.

But the reminder to stop and realize she's drunk as hell when she hopped up on me. I put her down so quick and pulled away from our kiss.

"Sorry." She said wiping her mouth and drunkly walking back up to the house.

Damn it felt good just kissing her.

I got in the car and just left. Trying to force myself to forget what happened.