Life's A Blur

August Pov

Bria has been doing well on the show and balancing it well with taking care of her family. She's either able to spend time with us in the morning or spend the rest of the evening with us. But little did I know my life could change at such a time of us doing well.

"What does daddy be like?" Bria'Marie said laughing.

Aubri replied, "Daddy be like.." and she squinted her eyes.

We all laughed.
"Daddy you do be doing that." AJ said laughing.

"I don't be noticing I be doing it." I said chuckling .

"I don't get why you just don't wear your glasses." Bria replied giggling.

"Them shits don't work."

" They don't? As thick as them lenses are?"

" Yea they don't."

Bria'Marie facial expression was stuck in between confused and concerned.

I had to change the topic. Cause things got awkward fast.

Later on in the night when Bria and I was laying in bed, she brought it back up.

"August on the scale from 1 to 10 how is your vision. 1 being 20/20 vision. 10 being Ray Charles."

"An 8" I honestly said.

" And your glasses don't help?" She asked.

"No."

"Describe your vision."

"Blurry. I can't even see out of my left eye. My right is like, if someone was standing 15 feet away from me . I couldn't tell you how that person looks at all."

"So just like a figure." She said.

You could hear the worry in her voice.

"Yea." I replied.

"Why haven't you told me this August? Have you went to get it checked?"

"I mean I kinda got use to it, plus I didn't wanna worry you. Things were going great for you and I know you knowing it will set you back, you'll go all mommy mode tryna take care of me and miss the blessing. I got it checked, Dr was bullshitting saying I got a rare eye disease. I just thought he was tripping."

"AUG- August." She almost yelled but refrained from it.

"August that's serious. I doubt he'd bullshit you if your vision is abnormal and glasses can't help it. August please you gotta care about your health. First the passing out on stage, 3 day coma, now you're not taking your doctors advice.This is serious, when we have a baby imagine not being able to see it or how difficult it'll be to take care of it. Just imagine not being able to wake up and see me or the kids. God. August you're going to the doctor tomorrow so you can get a second doctors opinion. Damn baby."

I knew this just worried her bad, I just grabbed and held her. "Alright baby." I said kissing her shoulder.

"Can't believe you didn't tell me this." She said.

"I'm sorry."

"But youno wife knows best, I've peeped it. I know my husband." She said.

"How?" I replied.

"I'll notice you squint when you have your glasses on. You stopped driving and always had me to. Then on Taco Tuesday, you couldn't even see the onions." She replied.

"So why you didn't say nothing?"

"I just never really thought the worst, thought the squinting was just a bad habit. And the rest because I thought it was because you didn't have on your glasses." She said.