Sixteen

Previously in 'Brooke and Niall Sitting in a tree...'

Niall's P.O.V.

She's gone. I guess it wasn't mean't to be.

Recap over.

1 year later. (Brooke and Niall are now 21 years old.)

Brooke's P.O.V.

Me and Jessie were at the beach right by her house in Sarasota, Florida. It's a Private beach only for the people who live in or have rented houses on it.

I still had different hair and eye color. I was planning on going back to normal at Christmas, which is in a few months. It's September but its still hot outside!

We were tanning, but we already had 1. We were on our stomachs so our backs would get tan. We didn't really wan to get into the water yet.

Jessie is much prettier than me. She has natural brown, wavy hair , big, brown eyes, and a natural tan. She's skinny too. She's lived in Florida her whole life. She's a really talented dancer too.

She was wearing a blue bikini with white polka dots on it. I had on a pink bikini with gold, plastic hearts on the sides of the bottoms.

I haven't really talked to the boys that much. I've only told Liam that I was safe and that I was staying at a friend's house. I've finally moved on and I'm ready to have fun!

I turn 21 today, September 15, (I know, 2 days after Niall's birthday) so, I'm legal to drink. But, I won't really drink that much.

Niall's P.O.V.

I stopped looking for Brooke. It's been a year now. I turned 21 2 days ago. Today's Brooke's birthday. But, we went to the beach to get our minds off of it. We were actually having fun.

We're in Florida. Sarasota, Florida to be exact. It's a private beach, so only the people that buy or rent out houses on this beach get to swim, walk, or tan on it. So that means no paparazzi!

There weren't any people here besides these 2 girls that were tanning. They had brown hair and were already tan, so they are probably from here.

We set up our chairs and I put on sun block on because of my Irish skin. It burns easily. The boys will get sun burns. I know that for a fact because they never put on sun block. Well Liam kinda does but he still gets burned.

We jumped into the water screaming and laughing. It's like we totally forgot about Brooke.

But, I never could.

Brooke's P.O.V.

Some loud boys came to the beach. They reminded me of Niall, Liam, Louis, Harry, and Zayn.

I still miss then.

Anyways, the boys were screaming and laughing. I guess they haven't been to a beach in a while.

I couldn't see them because me and Jessie were still on our stomachs.

20 minutes later

"Hey Brooke? Lets go swimming now." Jessie said and we got up and put our sun glasses in our bags. I took out my contacts and put them into a case and threw it in my bag. I'm guessing those boys were sitting in there seats or something because they weren't in the water. But I didn't look back at them because me and Jessie were racing to the water.

"I WIN! IN YOUR FACE JESSIE!" I screamed to her laughing. We are so competitive.

We had our goggles with us so we went under water and found sand dollars!

When I was under water I heard someone scream, "NO! DONT DUNK ME! PLEASE! YOU'LL PAY FOR IT!" and then I heard a splash. They were dunked. Haha! I don't even know who they are but it's still funny.