Thirty Eight

Brooke's P.O.V.

*phone ringing*

I picked up the phone and answered.

"Hello?"

"Brooke, it's your father." A voice grumbled through the phone.

My eyes went wide as I moved my thumb to end the phone call.

"Wait! Brooke, don't hang up." He ordered me.

"What do you want." I spoke angrily.

My mom is the only reason they still support me with their money. If it was just my dad, I would be living with them still. Well, in their house with their house workers, who were more of my family than my own parents ever were.

"I've been told that you're in a serious relationship, with a freeloader-" I cut him off.

"Niall is not a freeloader!" I yelled into the phone.

"Do not use that tone with me." He spoke sternly.

"I will if I want."

"I'll convince your mom to never give you money for anything."

After I didn't say anything, he continued.

"He sings on a stage and makes millions. Some people have to work hard to get only a little bit of money."

"Why do you care?! You're loaded up the butt with money and all YOU do is boss people around!"

"That is it! You are to never see him ever again!"

My breath hitched and I tried to understand what he just said. Then I realized what a heartless asshole he was.

"That will NEVER happen. I'd rather be living on the streets and begging for food than give him up." I spoke quietly and hung up on him.

I sat in my room for a few hours until I heard a knock at the door.

"Hey, Brooke, someone's here to see you." Niall spoke softly and sweetly.

"Who?" I sniffled.

"What's wrong?" He quickly ran to me and squeezed me into a hug.

"Nothing. I just love you is all. Now, who's here?" I pulled myself together.

"Your-"

"Hello, Brooke." The man I hate cut off Niall.

"Get the hell out." I spoke, venom laced between my words.

"Look, I just want to explain something to you-"

"Explain what?! Why you're trying to rip me and Niall apart?!" I screamed as Niall tensed up.

"Brooke! Do NOT scream at me! I-" My father started before being interrupted.

"I believe she said she wanted you to go." Niall grit his teeth.

"Listen up, you ass clown! I am her father and you will not talk to me like this!" He glared.

"And I'm her boyfriend. Who she has actually seen before in the past year."

"Dad. Niall." I said before they started getting physical. "Please listen to me."

They nodded.

"Dad, I love Niall, with all my heart. He's always protected me and been there for me. Without him, I'd still be in a hospital. And Niall, I do love my dad very much. He's my father for crying out loud. And I'd love for you guys to get along. So be nice, and that goes for both of you."