Thirty Nine

Brooke's P.O.V.

It's been an awkward few days. My dad decided to stay for about a week to make sure Niall was a, in his own words, "smart, kind young man that's good with money and a great influence on my daughter". Yeah, he's... well a dad. That's really I guess why he's staying.

Zayn and Perrie post-poned their wedding again because of scheduling and all. I feel bad for them. They rarely see each other because they both have their own schedules. I just wish management wouldn't be such idiots and let them get married!

"I think I have an idea." My father walked into the living room area of the hotel room. "You two should go on a date and I'll chaperone."

I looked to Niall and we had a 5 second silent conversation with our eyes before telling my dad ok. Now that they're not fighting, Niall is a little intimated by him. It's really adorable!

"Ok, well, I'm going to head over to my apartment to catch some shut eye before the concert tonight." He said and was off.

"Finally," Niall breathed out after we were alone. "I can breath now!"

I giggled. "Niall, he's not that scary."

"To you."

"You're cute when your nervous." I told him smiling.

"No I'm not." He pouted.

"Yeah, you kinda are." I pecked his lips before standing up from the couch.

"No, stay. Plleeeaaaassssseeeeee?" He gave me a puppy dog face.

I fought it and looked away, only to make it worse after he whispered.

"Please?"

I could barely hear him and my heart broke.

"Okkkk." I sighed and curled up next to him.

He pulled my face to his and we stayed in this stance for 10 minutes.

*******

"I love you." Niall told me before running off to get ready for our date, that sadly, my dad would be chaperoning.

I curled my hair and put on a black dress that had had a tulle skirt and black lace covering my chest. I examined the length and made sure and it went down to my knees. I called in Liam and he fastened the buttons and tied the bow on the back of my dress.

"You look beautiful." He told me right before I asked him how I looked.

I blushed and thanked him.

"You've grown up so much. I love you, cuz."

"I love you too, cuz." I answered, grinning.

He left the room as I finished preparing myself. I slipped on some "pantyhose" as my mother would call them and put on some black heels. I pushed my hair back and applied mascara, blush, and a little nude lip stick. I sprayed some One Direction perfume on, that Louis insisted on buying me, and put some fake diamond stud earrings in.

I opened my door and walked downstairs to be greeted by both, a handsome, Niall and my father.

"You're breathtaking." Niall took my hand in his.

"Brooke, you look amazing." He told me with tears in his eyes. I pulled away from Niall's grasp before hugging my father tightly and replacing my hand back in Niall's.

******

We had arrived at the extravagant restaurant and were seated immediately.

"What drinks would you all like to start off with?" The red-headed waiter named Michael looked to me and I squeezed Niall's hand, seeing him clench his jaw.

"I'll take an ice water with lemon please." I said politely as I smiled at Niall.

After the two men had ordered their drinks, we received them.

"So, you guys have been together for how long?" My father raised an eyebrow.

"Around 3 to 3 and a half years." I smiled to Niall again.

"So, it's pretty serious then." We nodded to him.

"Alright, I was just wondering." He chuckled, trying to enlighten the conversation.