Twenty Three

Niall's P.O.V.

"LIAM!?!? WHAT THE $!&@!?!? YOU MADE BROOKE CRY!!!!" I yelled as I slammed the back door open.

"I-I'm... So s-s-orry, Niall. I just... Couldn't stop my mouth. I was taking my anger out on her. I'm just so sorry, Ni."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

"Sorry mate, I just get mad and flip out if someone hurts Brooke." I mumbled calmer.

"It's ok."

Brooke's P.O.V.

After I explained everything to Louis he told me to talk to Liam. We walked out into the hallway but before we went into the living room I turned to Louis.

"Louis?"

"Yeah, Brooke? You ok?"

"Yeah, but, will you and Niall come with me? I-I'm kinda scared." I whispered. I was kinda scared of Liam ever since he snapped at me.

"Yeah, but don't be scared of Liam. He's just stressed. How would you feel if Niall would break up with you? I mean, he's never gonna do that to you because he's head over heels in love with you. But, wouldn't you be stressed? I know I would be if Eleanor broke up with me."

"Ok. Thanks Louis. Honestly, you're like the big brother I've never had."

He smiled at me and we went to the back room, and knocked on the door.

"This isn't a good time." Niall said from the other side.

"I-It's Brooke." I stuttered quietly.

"And I'm with her." Louis said.

"Oh, ok. Liam, should I let them-" Liam stopped Niall.

"Yeah."

Niall's P.O.V.

I let Brooke and Louis in after Liam explained everything to me. I realized why she wanted to talk to Louis. And I know that Louis would have told her that I'm desperately in love with her. But, just the expression on her face told me that she wasn't to sure.

---------

Liam said he was sorry for everything, Brooke forgave him, and just o lighten the mood a bit, we went roller skating.

I'm sitting on the bed in the back with sore feet and bum. We fell so many times on the hard wood at the roller rink.

I was writing notes for a new song. It was for Brooke. I need to let her know that I love her.

So far I have this:

'I figured it out.

I figured it out from black and white.

Seconds and hours.

Maybe they had to take some time.

I know how it goes.

I know how it goes from wrong and right.

Silence and sound.

Did they ever hold each other tight

Like us?

Did they ever fight

Like us?

You and I.

We don't wanna be like them.

We can make it 'til the end.

Nothing can come between

You and I.

Not even the Gods above

Can separate the two of us.

No, nothing can come between

You and I.'

I can't figure the rest. I sat there and thought for about 10 minutes, singing what I had down, to myself, over and over again until I got some lyric ideas.

I wrote with my messy handwriting:

'Oh, you and I.

I figured it out.

Saw the mistakes of up and down.

Meet in the middle.

There's always room for common ground.'

Hmmmm. What to write. Usually this comes easy to me but, this song. It's a song to Brooke. And it needs to be perfect, like her. She's perfectly imperfect.