4. Married To The Mob

"You just don't understand how amazing he is, Harp." Eva mused, holding the white dress against her. I eyed her as she twirled around the room.

"He might be nice to you, but I still catch a vibe." I cautioned to the dancing wall. It always starts out like this; she falls in love while the man falls in lust.

"It's been a month." Eva turned to me with a serious expression.

"That really doesn't mean anything." I returned her expression.

"Are you upset because your hookup didn't work out?" She asked abruptly. I shot her a genuine look of confusion.

"I wasn't expecting anything." That was the truth. I felt nothing. I gave my virginity to a stranger and felt no different. I don't even remember his name. And I liked it that way.

"Are you even going to tell me how it was?" She inquired as she plopped down next to me.

"Good, I guess." I shrugged.

If you call passing out from pleasure, "good."

"Did he at least give you an orgasm? You already heard how good Rue is. I never knew that squirting was a real thing until him." She sighed at the flashback.

"I still think you peed on him." I smirked.

"I did not!" She exclaimed, tossing a pillow at me.

"You can't prove it." I teased.

"You're off topic." She rolled her eyes.

"So you did pee on him?" I sang.

"Harper." She groaned.

"Fine. I lost count after five." I sighed. Her eyes went wide.

"This is straight out of a book." She murmured. I quirked an eyebrow at her.

"And if this is right," She grinned. "You'll be married to the mob."

Oh my God.

"Stop reading those crazy things." I scolded. She giggled and shrugged her shoulders.

"What was his name again?" She asked, pulling her hair up into a bun with her hands.

"I don't remember." I shrugged. "How are you going to wear your hair?"

"That's sad." She pouted. "I'm thinking of doing a puff."

"Do it to the side." I suggested, pushing all of her hair to one side. "That way you won't have to fight with the band sliding off."

"Good thinking!" She exclaimed. "I'll see you later."

I nodded and let her out. I dropped back on the couch and sighed.

Time for work.
----

I leaned against the bakery counter with a sigh. Work was really hectic. It felt like everyone in the city decided to crave dessert at the same time.

"Rough day, gorgeous?" A voice asked behind me. I spun around quickly.

"Of course not," I smiled. "What can I get for you?"

"Hopefully something that's not completely made of sugar." He smirked. I giggled.

"I'm afraid you're out of luck, even our water has sugar." I joked.

"How are you, Harper?" He asked with a cheeky smile.

"I'm fine, Eric." I returned his smile.

"You missed our session last week." He narrowed his eyes. I sighed.

"Well, I wouldn't have if Eve never bit the apple." I mumbled.

"Oh damn." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and wiped the counters. "But I trust that you're coming tonight?" He drawled, eyeing me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Good." He tapped my nose. "Be prepared to hear your muscles scream."

He winked and backed outside. I whined and banged my head on the counter.

"Dammit, I just cleaned that." I groaned.
----

"If I knew where you lived, I'd murder you in your sleep." I growled.

"I love it when you talk dirty to me." Eric teased. "Four more."

I was on the leg press machine and my body was ready to give out. I screamed as I pushed through.

"That's right baby, push through." He cooed. I threw my towel on his head.

"This... Feels... Like... Childbirth." I screeched.

"Well let's birth you a new booty, mama." He smacked my thigh. "Give me one more."

I gripped the bars next to me and settled my body in. I used what was left of my strength to push the weights to the top. I pushed until my legs were straight and then I relaxed. The weights clanged together, signaling my completion.

"Way to push through." Eric slapped my shoulder. "Take a break and let's do shoulders."

I groaned and fell to the floor.
----

I crawled through my door. Literally, like a baby. I groaned and attempted to kick my door closed. I winced at the pain as I locked the door. Eric has always been the one to push me past my limits. Even when I ran track, he was right there telling me that I could do better. I just wish he would focus on his wife instead of me.
----

"When are you available to work?" My boss asked as soon as I walked in.

"Well hello to you, too." I teased. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Whenever you need me, you know that." I said seriously.

"Good." She breathed with relief. "The holiday seasons are coming up."

I nodded. Halloween passed and it seemed like pumpkin and cinnamon were the only ingredients allowed in the kitchen. My boss had been staying late just to do prep and I had been coming in early to finish what she had left. I refused to let her pay me past the extra two hundred that we agreed upon.

"Just let me know what we need to do." I tied my apron on. "The oatmeal raisins were a big hit last week."

She shuddered. "Wannabe chocolate chip cookies." I giggled at her frowned expression.
----

"So tomorrow we'll have; caramel apple bites, cinnamon raisin biscuits, hot chocolate cookies, and something pumpkin flavored." She ticked her fingers.

"What about pumpkin rolls?" I suggested. "We could do this fast tonight and they'll still be fresh tomorrow."

She bounced and clapped. "That's perfect."
----

The smell of pumpkin has never been my favorite. Being elbow deep in it plus the heat from the ovens had me ready to add a secret ingredient to the rolls. Lucky for me, she offered to finish up if I promised to open for her in the morning. I took that chance and hightailed it to my place.

I immediately popped a kids meal in the microwave and turned on the t.v.. I plopped down and the remnants of pumpkin guts invaded my senses. I made a break for my bathroom and threw up the contents that were supposed to be digesting. And because I'm a sympathetic vomitor, I heaved again at my own noises. I quickly flushed the toilet and held my breath as I removed my shirt.

I washed out my mouth and put my clothes in the washer. I groaned when I remembered that I haven't done laundry in almost a month. I bit the bullet and stuffed the machine with random clothes. I moved back to the bathroom to bleach it and rid it of my grossness. Inhaling the bleach relaxed me enough to feel hungry again.

I finished my meal and found myself sitting on the washing machine sniffing the detergent from the bottle. I started to wonder what it would taste like. I tapped my finger on the edge and brought it to my nose and then slowly to my-

"Ew, no Harper." I scolded myself and promptly went to wash my hands.

"What the hell were you even thinking?" I mumbled.