30. You're In Luck, Luci

I finally get to see her. My daughter. Never would I have thought that I could even make a child.

After Nat and I lost our McKenzie, I gave up hope of having one of my own. She obviously didn't want one by me. Maybe my seeds knew she was a lying whore. My seeds are smart.

Smart enough to move in with the egg of a total stranger.

"Dammit." I shifted in my seat, gripping the steering wheel. Cree eyed me curiously. Aside from Ruger and Eva, he's still the only one who knows anything about Lucia. My world was a little too complicated for a child, I needed to get my house in order.

"Why are you so nervous? She's just a kid." I shot him a glare before answering.

"A kid that's mine and has never seen my face." I spat.

"Why am I even here? I don't like kids." He grumbled.

"Because she's your niece and Ruger is bringing Chase." I paused for a second. "You hate kids, but you like Chase."

"Chase is cool peoples." He shrugged. "Not every day that a toddler can do more pull-ups than a grown man."

"You shot him in the shoulder." I exclaimed.

"No excuses." He waved me off. I sighed,running a hand through my hair. "Let's just do this."

We exited my Escalade and met at the front. I scanned the crowd for a familiar face. My eyes landed on a tall, lanky figure pulling a dark haired girl into an embrace.

"He's here." I whispered void of any emotion.

"Shall I shoot him?" Cree inquired, rubbing his waistband.

"You'd shoot our right hand?" I arched an eyebrow.

"In an eye blink." He stated proudly. I openly gaped at him.

This fucker is crazy.

"What?" he shrugged. "F.O.E." he slapped his side where loyalty was inked. "Technically he's betraying you. Give me a good reason why I shouldn't shoot him."

"Kids, Cree." I deadpanned. "Plus it's not his fault. They needed help and found each other."

"If she taught him anything that Chase knows, I'll love our little Lucia." He flashed a smile.

Our little Lucia.

I suppressed a smile of my own and started walking. Cree openly checked out the women married and single. His eyes settled on one not too far from Ruger. She was holding a baby to her chest and laughing. He smirked before turning his attention to me.

"Maybe kids aren't so bad." He stalled, stealing another glance at the woman. I rolled my eyes and pulled him away.

"Shit. Even the pregnant ones are hot." He mused. "What if she runs a hot mom mafia or some shit?"

"Language." I scolded.

"I'd let them take me out." He grinned. "Maybe they'll drown me in breastmilk." I ignored him and finally made my way to Ruger.

We were spotted by Chase first. He wiggled in the lap of who I guessed was Harper. Her head was turned away so I had no way of knowing for sure.

"Uncle Luck! Uncle Cee!" He exclaimed, scrambling out of her grasp. His excitement caught the attention of Ruger and Harper. Her face showed one of confusion while Ruger's covered in shock. He quickly recovered as Cree picked Chase up into a hug.

"Lucien." Ruger nodded, his words coming out with caution. I simply nodded in response. I turned to Harper whose eyes flashed with anger. She turned to Ruger who glanced between us.