37.Parent Bonding and a Ring

"Get up. Aba is keeping Lucia." Lucien shook me violently.

"And why does that require you waking me up?" I groaned groggily.

"We have things to do. LEVANTATE!" He announced, pulling the covers away from my barely clothed body. He paused for a moment before shaking his head. "Come."

Of course I ignored him so he scooped me up into his arms and carried me into the bathroom like a child. I rested my head on his shoulder as he got the shower ready. Letting the water heat up, he placed me on the counter and stood between my legs. The cool counter sent chills through my body. "Are you washing your hair today?"

"No." I shook my head. Today felt particularly lazy. It might have been the change of scenery. His grandmother's place was so peaceful and his family was surprisingly nice. Lucia instantly fell in love with her cousins. Like they've known each other their whole lives, they ran and played all around the yard. It felt good to actually relax and be somewhat of an adult. A young adult. I didn't feel like a robot here.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked, twisting my hair up into a high bun. I watched his face as he concentrated on fixing me up.

"Well." I answered simply. Truth is, I haven't slept alone since before I knew I was pregnant. If Lucia wasn't in my bed, I was in Lucien's. I've honestly forgotten how to be alone.

"Liar." He teased.

"I'm so used to body heat." I pouted. He laughed a little and shook his head. "It's your fault."

"How's it my fault?" He questioned while stripping us down.

"Because you got me pregnant." I shrugged casually.

"If I recall, you were on top." He teased.

"Don't remind me," I groaned into his neck. "I didn't know what I was doing."

"You do now." His tone dropped, rubbing my legs seductively. A shiver raced down my spine. "Come here."

Obeying his request, I leaned forward allowing his lips to press against mine. Just as I felt myself melting, he pulled away.

"We've got stuff to do today, andiamo." He smirked at my shamelessly pouted face. My whining didn't last long because he tortured my body in the shower. Teasing me to my wits end before assaulting me with cold water.

Oh he heard every complaint I had.

"What's this place?" I questioned curiously. Before us was a large industrial red brick warehouse. Sandalwood crates and barrels towered over us. It looked like a distillery but I couldn't be too sure.

"We're drinking beer." He answered happily. I was open to just about anything as long as it was free and involved food. "Ready?"

"Of course. " I smiled and linked arms with him. He led us to a secluded outdoor seating area. The warm sea breeze kept me comfortable since Lucien had me practically naked. "What made you want to come here?"

"Besides the beer?" He smirked making me laugh. "I wanted to get you alone."

"Oh really?" I quirked an eyebrow. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Not like that." He glared playfully. "I mean to talk and stuff."

I understood what he meant because we rarely had time to ourselves outside of sex. Every available waking moment we spent with Lucia. She was my favorite, but a little adult time couldn't hurt.

"Alright, what do you want to know?" I sighed, resting my chin on my left fist.

Eva

I sat on the black leather couch with my hands folded in my lap. The antique diamond ring shined on my left hand. The object felt foreign on my hand since I hadn't worn it in a while. I promised I would never go back to him, but here I am.

"Where's my other girl?" His yellowed grin spoke behind the long cigarette.

"Who?" I asked feigning ignorance. I knew he was speaking of Harper, but I refused to give him any information on her.

"My little Rayne." He glared at me as I began to fidget.

"We had a falling out and she ran away." I answered honestly.

He gave me a look of disappointment that hurt me to my core. I used to look at this man as a father figure until I found my real family.

Mr. Davis was my guardian in high school. I was removed from my family in middle school after my mom lost her house. I was the only child not returned to her custody. Instead, I was sent to the Davis residence. Things were good there, just a little odd. First off, it was a house full of males. Him, his youngest son Logan, his middle son Lucas, and the eldest Langston all shared a bedroom most nights. Even though Langston was married, he did not live with his wife. She visited often though.

Over time, I got to know my new family and realized how great they were. Lucas quickly became my favorite. He loved to cook and was interested in the culinary arts. We bonded over cooking. That bond turned into something more, like an attachment; especially after I took his virginity. Mr. Davis noticed how smitten his twenty-one year old was and insisted that we be arranged. Having no one truly in my corner, I had no choice but to agree. Langston decided to move into a separate room with his wife once Lucas decided to sleep with me. All of this led to befriending Harper.

I had strict orders to find Logan a lady of his own. Harper was the perfect choice. She was quiet and shy, easy to train. Since she was declared a runaway after her foster family passed, she had no one looking out for her. Logan, Harper, and I all had classes together which made our task easier. At first she was sceptical. Who wouldn't be when two people you barely know suggest a sleepover?

From there I constantly dragged her places with me, flashing money and privileges here and there. Eventually she let her guard down enough to start conversations with me. I told her little things about Lucas and how he loved to spoil me. I also threw a few good words for Logan; she never would bite.

It took him being dared to sit in a closet with her for seven minutes for them to get somewhere. And they lasted up until her nineteenth birthday.

"Your job was to bring her back, not make her angry." He spoke sternly. I ran my fingers through my straightened hair and sighed. "You both said you needed time to grow before committing to my sons. You two swore you were coming back. Now here you are, alone, asking for a divorce. This makes no sense."

"I love Lucas, Papa, but he doesn't love me." I mumbled softly. Since I came back, things haven't been the same. The only time he wants to touch me is to have sex. We barely even talk.

"You left him." Mr. Davis stated dryly. "I wouldn't love you either. Then you ask for a divorce after the biggest news of his life? I'm starting not to see why I approved of your union."

"I don't want this baby. I want my child to come into this world with happiness. I can't be happy living with Lucas. Grant me the divorce and I'll keep it." I bargained.

"You'll go to counseling and carry my grandchild. End of discussion." He dismissed me.

With tears in my eyes, I left the office feeling even more defeated. Is this how Harper felt?