35. So Amazing

I woke up to a warm arm wrapped around me. I peeked an eye open to see Lucien fast asleep with Lucia snuggled on top of his chest. I smiled openly. Lucia always got her way when it came to her daddy.

I was still getting used to referring to Lucien as Lucia's father. I spent many months trying to come to terms with the fact that he wanted her all along. It made me feel terrible. Like I ruined a crucial bond. I didn't mean for it to happen. I was just too afraid of her being mistreated.

Hopefully he doesn't hate me.

I smiled as Lucia's hand went to Lucien's necklace. Her tiny fingers gripped the chain. She let out a heavy sigh as his arm tightened around her. Satisfied that she was sleeping, I stealthily grabbed my phone and took a picture.

Sliding out of bed, I quickly made my way to the bathroom. I turned on the water and waited for it to warm, sending the picture to Lucien and Kenya. I stripped down and inspected my body. There wasn't much difference in my maternal body. My hips her a tad bit fuller, my boobs grew a cup size. Other than that, I still looked like teenage Harper.

Lucien definitely knew how to leave his mark. After my breakdown and his mysterious phone calls, he promised to help me relax. Once Lucia went to sleep, he immediately drew me a bath and washed my hair. This new level of intimacy shocked me. He was always doing nice things but, treating me like a girlfriend was not one of them. The feeling was so foreign and comforting. It felt as if he really cared for me. The mind blowing sex afterwards was a major plus as well.

As hard as I tried to fight my attraction to Lucien, he was just so damn hot. I knew I was in trouble when he came to the park that day. I knew that things were going to happen when he showed up but, I never thought cheating on Carson would have been on the list. Granted, we were on a break and I never really loved Carson and he was just using me as fuckable nanny, it was still wrong. But wrong felt so right and I couldn't stop.

I didn't want to stop.

I never want to stop.

I sighed and entered the heavenly gates that Lucien calls a shower. The warm water soothed my aching muscles. Our sex was extremely intense. He told me that he wanted me to dream about his dick.

I did.

Laughing at his attentiveness, I grabbed one of the lavender scented soaps and let the scent relax me further. Having a child and being broke meant that we sometimes shared showers and soap. My love for lavender stemmed from our night routine. When I started earning enough money, I stuck with the lavender scent.

Deciding that I had enough time away from the real world, I wrapped a warm towel around my body. My reddened skin slowly returning to normal in the cool air, I studied myself in the mirror. I felt good, I even looked better. Sex with Lucien seemed to do that. His penis could make the dullest of rocks shine brighter than a thousand diamonds.

I actually looked refreshed for once in my young life. I was only twenty-two yet I felt closer to forty. Not even the good kind of forty. I stared at myself a little longer before the telltale signs of a distressed Lucia filled the air.

"M-mommy!"

I grabbed my fluffy blue robe and darted to the door. Yanking the rope tight against me, I sped to the bed.

"I'm right here, baby." I cooed, rocking her gently. Lucien bumbled through the door seconds later with a spatula and out of breath. My eyes skimmed him over our daughter's silky hair. He was even sexy in a panicked state. His sweatpants hung loosely around his hips. His decorated chest heaved rapidly. His hair fell freely around his face.

"I completely forgot about her separation anxiety." He panted, walking toward us. I nodded softly. Luci rubbed the soft material of the robe with great interest. Lucien leaned in and kissed the top of her head. She smiled and reached toward him. He eagerly took her and held her to his chest.

"Heart!" She exclaimed excitedly while pointing to his chest.

"That's right, baby!" He cooed. "Let's go let mommy get ready."

"Dress comfortably." He winked at me.

I willed my heart to steady as he and Luci sang the alphabet in Spanish. Watching him interact with her still made me turn into jelly. It made me wonder how he would have handled her as an infant. A tiny part of me missed being pregnant. Even though I was miserable, I'd do it again. All he really had to do was ask. 

Sighing out, I entered his closet. I pulled out my favorite pair of leggings, a white tank top, and my short Ugg boots. From his side, I grabbed his Black Pyramid hoodie. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and added a little mascara. Making sure I looked presentable, I bounced down the steps.

"Mommy!"

"You look nice!" Lucien smiled, pulling me into an embrace.

"Thanks." I grinned, kissing our daughter on the cheek.

"Every time I take that hoodie back, you find another way to get it." Lucien shook his head in amusement.

"Stop taking it." I stuck my tongue out while stealing a piece of pineapple. He stared at me for a second before smirking.

"Mommy look!" Lucia exclaimed.

"Yes baby?" I gave her my full attention which was hard because Lucien was staring a hole in my head.

We were busy naming all of the colors of the rainbow and counting the cheerios on her table. They hated cheerios and Lucien only kept them around for me. He kept a lot of things around for me, like tampons. I haven't had a period here in months, yet he still has a box under his bathroom sink. He even bought new cups for Luci and I.

"Hey, you okay?" A concerned voice broke my thoughts. I looked up to see Lucien's furrowed brows focused on me. I looked down to see my untouched food, while Luci's was almost gone.

How long was I zoned out?

"Yeah, I'm fine." I rushed out while aggressively stabbing at my waffle.

"Sure." He drawled, clearly unconvinced by my poor attempt to remain normal.

"What are you two doing today?" I stuttered out. His nakedness still caught me off guard.

"I was hoping you'd let me take both of you somewhere." He shifted nervously.

"Where?" I asked, it was rare that he asked for permission. It was usually forgiveness.

"Have you ever been on a plane?"

And of course I hadn't. Outside of a couple road trips, travel was never really my thing. Number one: my bank account laughs when I order from the dollar menu. Number two: I wouldn't know where to go.

But Lucien, the first taker he is, took another one of my first times.

Pulling up at the airport, people crowded the area. A few even attempted to take pictures. Lucia being her usual diva self, pushed her sunglasses over her face and frowned at all the new people in her face.

Hopefully everything goes well.