25. The Gun Went Off

My foot tapped impatiently, waiting for the rest of these papers to be printed. Office work was not my thing, but I needed a new job. I wasn't hurting for money, I had enough saved up from my old job.

"Can you come here?" The voice buzzed into the room. I sighed knowing that I would have to rush there. Making sure I had everything, I reluctantly slipped my heels back on.

"You're late." He stated evenly.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Myles." I grinned, he rolled his bright eyes and motioned for me to sit.

"What do you have for me?" I asked, taking the stack of papers.

I began working for Cree shortly after Harper gave birth. Ruger insisted that I quit after the cancer scare. He whined for weeks until I gave in. I didn't truly stop escorting until I almost ran into one of my clients in Cree's office. The last thing I needed was for Ruger to catch wind and set my life on fire.

I learned some things while I was here. Ruger at work was cold, vicious, ruthless. Cree often flew off the handle which resulted in Lucien having to do damage control. I always thought Lucien was the more aggressive one, I was clearly wrong. I learned that outside of their group, not many people were trusted. That meant I had to be extra careful. I was only important to Ruger and that was fading.

Lucien always wanted me to help him find Harper. He received the same pictures and letters. He was even gifted a video of her saying "hi daddy". All of this was one sided communication, she never had a return address on his mail and it was never sent from the same place. I was awarded the address to her new place. He didn't need to know that, though. He had his own secrets.

"What do you think about her?" Cree spoke, sliding a photo of a dark skinned girl with short afro. She was gorgeous, but didn't seem like the type to be into prostitution.

Cree ran an organization that helped young women return to society. He helped them start businesses and found them places to stay with a promise of keeping him a secret. It was his way of cleaning his money and giving a boost to the economy.

"She's a sweet girl, but her sex charge would screw up a daycare." I offered.

"I can make that disappear, no problem. Call her up and make an appointment for as soon as possible. Offer her half a mil' to get whatever she needs done, including housing." He ordered, I nodded lazily.

"You can go, call in Yari." He smirked. I nodded again before leaving.

Apparently, being a whore ran in the Myles family. Cree had a different woman every week. It was rare that one exceeded her time. I once asked Ruger why he was like that and he asked why I wanted to escort. As wild and crazy as Cree was, he seemed sensitive, soft. It made me wonder.
***

After my meeting with the new client, I was beyond ready to go. So, I left.

-------------------

"What the fuck do you mean she's gone?"

"Rue, calm down." Cree pushed Ruger to the wall.

"Fuck all of that! You don't just leave for no reason. You both know that!" He shot, muscling his way out of Cree's grip.

"Harper did." I spoke up.

"That's bullshit and you know it. She left because you abandoned her, we abandoned her." He growled, running his hand through his hair.

"What was your precious little sister's reason? Huh?" Cree spat coldly.

"She's different." Ruger mumbled.

Cree had only been in love once. He was the happiest he'd ever been until she left in the middle of the night. She disappeared into thin air, he spent months and a plethora of resources trying to find her. Her absence broke us apart, we all loved her in different ways. Cree just loved her the hardest.

"So what? We find her and make her talk, then what?" I asked, leaning forward.

"Ucciderla." He stared directly into my eyes.

Being the least murderous one out of the three, I knew he was serious. Cree was the hair trigger, he shot first. Ruger was the cold blood, he would listen to you beg and then kill you with a smile. Me? I let the shit build.

"I can't let you kill her and you know why." I placed my hand on his chest, his heart rapidly thumped against its armor.

"She should have thought about that before running off." He shouldered past me.

"You know he loves her too much to actually kill her, right?" Cree spoke evenly.

"Just like you." I nodded, making my own way out. I had a flight to catch.

------------------------

"Carson!" I whined under him.

"Say it." He demanded. My breathing became shallow. It was getting harder and harder to hold it in. His fingers manipulated my skin.

"Okay, okay. Carson is the best boyfriend ever!" I squealed as his hands gripped my hips.

"That's all you had to say." He chirped, kissing my lips. Feeling bold, I deepened it. He pulled back playfully.

"Hey, hey none of that." He scolded as I pouted.

"Why not?" I held him closer.

"I have to go." He pecked my lips between each word. "I only came here to drop CJ off, anyway."

"Guys night, right." I nodded, releasing him. I had officially entered mom mode. Carson had a habit of leaving Carson in my care. If I wasn't at work, I had both kids. Not to mention the overnights when he would go out with the guys. It always made me wonder what he did before me.
****

Since I was stuck in the house and Covi was on tour, Kenya decided to come over. Kovi and Carson were only a little more than a year apart and played well together. They were back in the playroom doing their own thing as Luci crawled across the floor. She was at that awkward stage where she could walk against furniture but panicked once she let go. I kept push toys all over the place to encourage her, she was more interested in ripping paper.

"My son is such an asshole." Kenya grumbled, laying on my couch.

"Don't call him that!" I scolded from my spot on the floor.

"He is! Do you know, he pulled my wig off in the mall?" She exclaimed dramatically. I struggled to contain my laughter as she glared. "Seriously, a lady was commenting on how nice my hair looked and he was like 'it's not even hers, here!' He snatched it off and tried to give it to the lady! Then had the audacity to say 'she's not bald like you so I don't know how it'll stay on.' Harp, I almost died!" She whined.

"Oh my God!" I laughed out.

"I couldn't even make him apologize because she wanted my business card." She groaned.

"Kovi is amazing." I sighed.

"Toddlers are terrorists and I can't wait for Luci get there." Kenya smirked.

"If she's anything like her dad, Lord help us all." I mumbled.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Eva worked for Cree? Was there something deeper or a friend helping a friend?

Do you think Ruger was being controlling for having Eva stop escorting?

Harper has been giving Lucien updates? How do you feel about that? Does she want Lucien in Lucia's life?

Why do you think Eva is keeping Lucien away?

How do you feel about Cree?

How do you feel about the trio (Lucien, Ruger, and Cree) as a group? Are they better together or apart?

Carson and Harper?

Kenya?