27. Crazy Degrees and Main Squeezes

"Hi, my name is Harper and I'm a lot of things. I'm insecure, socially awkward, depressed, anxiety ridden, and a crybaby. Most importantly, I'm a mother, I'm quirky, I'm a lover, I'm hardworking, and my body is amazing. I believe in myself and trust that I will do great things." I smiled softly, holding Auren's hand.

I've officially finished my last group session. At first, things were hard. Opening up was not my thing, I was taught to keep my feelings inside. I know now that it was only hurting me.

"How does it feel?" Auren asked excitedly.

"Surprisingly good. This is new." I replied, easily.

"I see you finally decided to bring in your group." She nodded across the room.

"Yeah, I figured it was time." I smiled watching Luci run around Kenya's legs. She laughed out as Ruger and Chase pretended to chase her. Ruger easily scooped them over his shoulders and spun them around.

"That her dad?" Auren inquired. I shook my head.

"Nope. Just a close friend. Her dad is a busy man." I answered truthfully. Lucien was busy and I wasn't going to interfere with his business.
_____

Carson showed up just in time to meet us for dinner. Ruger complained the whole way about being on time and how I was still being taken advantage of. I tried to ignore him, but his statements rubbed me the wrong way.

"Sorry babe, my job ran over and I needed to shower." He rambled, pecking my lips.

"No problem." I smiled as he sat down next to me.

"How'd it go?" He asked, looking at the menu.

"You would know if you would have showed up." Ruger mumbled as he fed Luci a piece of bread. Kenya snorted while I glared at them. It was supposed to be a day to celebrate my accomplishments and everyone was too busy trying to take shots at each other.

***

Ruger took Luci with him for the night. It tickled me to see how excited she got around him. It also helped that she claimed Chase as her person. CJ was at his grandmother's house with his cousins, leaving Carson and I alone.

"What do you want to do?" He smirked into the kiss.

"What do you want to do?" I dropped my voice to a whisper.

"This." He captured my lips aggressively, dropping us to the bed.
---------

I always wondered what it would be like to have a daughter. Keeping Lucia gave me my answer. She's a handful. The perfect blend of her parents. Beautiful and extra stubborn. My poor son was a sucker for the tiny princess.

Harper has changed my views on a lot of things over the past few months. The major thing was parenthood. I didn't need Eva and neither did Chase.

I just needed to focus on my kid and his health and a good support system.

I just wish I wasn't so lonely.