33. Nice To Meet You

"I guess that's everything." I sighed. "So can we start over."

Harper sighed and nodded, slightly holding back her tears. I stood up and and walked away, leaving her confused. I turned around and came in front of her.

"Hi, my name is Lucien Myles, the father of your child." I held out my hand. "I like white tigers and I'm bad at one night stands." She shook her head with a smile.

"I'm Harper Everson, the mother of your child." She shook my hand. "And I'm also terrible at one night stands."

I couldn't help but laugh as I pulled her into a hug. She tensed before wrapping her arms around my waist. Neither of us said a word. I closed my eyes and sighed out. It has been so long since a woman showed me genuine affection. Without her knowing, she was giving me exactly what I needed. But there was one thing keeping me from completely falling into this moment.

She's in a relationship.

I reluctantly pulled away from her. She picked up her purse and took a step back.

"So should we be good parents and go get our daughter?" She teased.

I froze as she walked off. I stared at her retreating figure in awe. She must have sensed my absence because she turned around and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" She cocked her head just like Lucia.

"You said 'our daughter'." I gave her a lopsided grin. She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." She folded her arms, pushing those perfect breasts on display. "You coming?"

I will be with that view.

I shook my perverse thoughts to the side and followed her to the ice cream shop.
----

"Mommy, Lulu where did you go?" Lucia demanded as we walked through the door.

Her ice cream covered face was formed into a cute little pout. She had sprinkles covering the table and her hands. Kenya was sneaking the M&M's from Kove's bowl while he attempted brain surgery on his gummy bears. Harper smiled and kissed Lucia's head.

"Lulu and I needed to talk." She explained. "Is that okay?"

Lucia looked at me with a stern expression. I nodded my head rapidly. She seemed to think it over before turning back to her ice cream. Kenya chuckled as we took seats on either side.

"Was the talk so bad that you have to sit far away now?" Kenya asked with an amused face.

I forced the heat away from my neck. It was more so to keep myself from risking a few charges. Harper simply shrugged and stole a gummy worm from the bin.

"It was good." She vaguely answered. Kenya rolled her eyes and turned her attention to me. I shifted uncomfortably and looked at a singing Lucia.

Does she always do this around food?

"Was it good for you, too?" She bounced her eyebrows.

"Kenya!" Harper exclaimed, launching a gummy bear and hit her in the forehead. I stifled a laugh.

"No throwing." The kids shouted.
----

What's his face was at Harper's place by the time we got back. She insisted on picking out his Father's Day present in front of me. I tried not to get jealous but, she made it so hard. I mean who buys lingerie and cuffs as a present?

Harper, that's who.

I've only been around him twice but there's something about him that makes me want to drop kick his face. Every time I'm close to Lucia, he catches an attitude.