11. Lucien Can't Be Widowed

I didn't even want to see you again.

The last thing I wanted was to have a nine month walk of shame.

I wish I would have found out sooner.

I lost my calm demeanor as soon as the door slammed shut.

"Fuck!" I growled, throwing my glass against the wall. I flipped my desk over, sending everything crashing to the ground. The shattering sounds matched that of my entire being. I huffed as I fell into my chair, running a frustrated hand through my hair.

"So you do work." I mumbled to my lap. I groaned as I leaned back and closed my eyes.

That was not how I planned our reunion, God. Seriously, why are you playing with me?

Did you really think letting me have good looks and good dick was a good idea. That is not the mixture of a faithful man, Big Guy.

Are you getting back at me for skipping your son's birthday for a blowjob behind the baptismal pool?

Or the time I got Mrs. Weston to try a- well you know what I did... Dude, I'm sorry. For the record, I didn't know Icy Hot wasn't going to just tingle.

Maybe I should just put a lock on my di-

"What's u- whoa what the fuck happened here?" Ruger's voice echoed in my office.

I had forgotten that I was to meet him for lunch. I quickly shot up and grabbed my coat.

"We'll talk about it." I muttered, pushing past him and straight to my assistant's desk.

"I need cleaners and decorators here before my next appointment." I calmly stated and continued my way to the elevator, Ruger on my heels.
----

Ruger played twenty questions until we got to the restaurant. I mostly ignored him. Which really wasn't hard because I had a million thoughts running through my brain.

We got to our seats and gave our orders. Our waitress was a pretty little thing. She had smooth brown skin, green eyes, and her tightly coiled hair pulled up in a puff.

Just like sorellina.

"You thought that, too?" Ruger asked somberly. I nodded. It had been almost three years since she "disappeared".

"I miss her." I confided.

"Me too," Ruger twirled his glass between his fingers. "I wonder why she left..."

"Maybe it's not for us to know." I lied. I knew exactly where she was and why, I spend hours each year lying about her information.

"So are we going to talk?" Ruger inquired. I simply nodded.

"What is it?" He asked, placing his phone face down. I told him the entire story. He nodded and smirked in certain instances.

"So you're going to be a dad?" He grinned at me.

"No," I shook my head. "There's no proof."

"Her papers said she was what? 4 months along?" I nodded. He leaned forward. "That's proof enough."

"If she's pregnant and she was just a one night thing, why hasn't Nat gotten pregnant?" I ran a frustrated hand through my hair.

"Did you ever stop to think that Natalie is still on birth control?" He folded his hands on the table. "Or already pregnant."

She wouldn't.

She couldn't be.

"Why are you taking up for this girl?" I asked, suddenly agitated.