6. Body Assassination

It has been four months since we had our getaway and Eva has still been Ruger obsessed. I, on the other hand, have been in love with the gym. So far, I've lost fifteen pounds and I'm trying to gain it back in muscle. Which meant total dedication.

"Four more, Harp. Push." I groaned at my tormentor's voice. He was laying on his stomach with his face cradled in his hands and feet kicking behind him. I shot daggers at him as I passed the medicine ball between my feet and hands. "Don't make that face. One more."

"I. Hate. Youuuuuu." I screamed as I used the last of my strength to throw the ball across the room. He gave a chuckle as he reached his hand out for mine. I glared as I took it.

"You love me," He smiled. "Now stretch." I sighed as I got into position.

---
"Remember we have yoga tomorrow." Eric reminded as we were parting ways. I gave him a smile and a slight nod. I walked around the building and immediately leaned against the wall.

"I fucking hate you, Eric." I groaned, trying to turn my jello body back into human substance. I took a deep breath and made my way to my car.
----

"Harper? Where are you?"

I sank further into the bubbles, hoping Eva would leave. The more she wanted to hang out, the more I wanted nothing to do with her. Since she's in like, she believes that she needs to find me a steady partner. So far, she has been failing terribly.

Just when I was about to lick the bubbles in front of me, Eva barged in. She was dressed in leather pants and a cashmere sweater. Her black heels clicked rhythmically against the tile.

She never wears this many clothes.

"What's the occasion?" I inquired with an arched eyebrow.

"Ruger wants to go watch old people take down their Christmas decorations." She chirped.

How could she say that with a straight face?

I burst into laughter. She looked at me like I grew a third boob.

"You're serious?" I gave her a blank stare.

"Definitely." She shrugged. "He said he likes to see the old couples arguing. He said it reminds him that true love isn't always kind words."

"Smart man." I agreed. "Wait, why are you here?"

"I need condoms." She said, making eye contact through the mirror. I stood up and reached for a towel. "Are you losing weight?"

"Get your own." I wrapped the towel around me. "Not intentionally but I have been working out more, though."

"Why? You won't use them." She frowned.

"But the one time I do decide to use them, I won't have any because you, my dear, are a cheapskate." I joked, bumping her with my hip.

"I can't wait until you fall in love. Then you'll know the pain you're causing me." She shouted at me. I froze in shock.

She's in love?

I whirled around and rushed back into the bathroom. My towel, long forgotten on the floor.

"You love him?" I grabbed her arms, making her face me.

"Yeah, I think I do." She wrinkled her cute little nose.

"Holy shit." I breathed. "Holy shit!"

I pulled her into a tight hug. Her arms were trapped at her sides.

"Harper, Harper, HARPER!" She squealed.

"What?" I asked, still holding her.

"You're crushing me." She wheezed. "And you're still naked."