19. Good Riddance.

I've never been so happy to be cheated on in my life. As soon as I left the house, I headed to my lawyer's office.

"Guess, I need the papers." I announced, barging into his office.

Guess looked up from his computer with a smile.

"About fucking time." He teased.

"Stop." I held my hand up. "I'm trying to be upset."

He blank stared me for a moment. I tried to hold my glare. He narrowed his eyes and I burst into laughter. He relaxed into his chair and joined me. When we finally calmed down, I sat in the chair across from him.

"So, how'd you find out?" He asked, leaning forward.

"They were in the driveway." I grinned, Guess went pale. "Fucking in her car, clear as day."

"Are you serious?" He rubbed a hand through his hair. "That's rough."

"Right, Cree went nuts." I chuckled. "Shot her window, yanked the guy out, then shot his tires and dared him to come past the curb. He ran down the street ass naked in dress shoes."

Guess fell apart in laughter. He's used to Cree's antics. There have been many times where Guess has had to court talk us out of trouble.

"Your brother is hell." He choked out.

"Don't I know it." I agreed. "He learned from the best."

"You were the original hellion." He agreed.

"He needs a woman to calm him down." Guess added.

We pondered on the thought.

"Nah." We shared a chuckle before he got serious.

"So how do you want this to go?" He slid closer to the desk.

"Quick, clean, and low." I answered.

The last thing I need is tabloids flashing the women and men of our pasts.

Though it would give me a chance to hear what Harper thinks.

Why am I even thinking about her? She made it clear that she wants nothing to do with me.

"...so irreconcilable differences?" He asked, drawing me back in. I nodded. "Or do you want to try for adultery?"

"Irreconcilable differences. The less people involved, the better." I answered evenly.

Guess nodded his head as he typed something into his computer.

"Gag orders are preferred." I added.

"Naturally." He countered. "I'll have everything drawn up before I leave here. I'll drop them by your office before closing."

"Sounds good. See you later." I stood to shake his hand. He walked me to the door. Before I walked out he leaned in close.

"You know, Alice is still single." He whispered, nodding to his secretary. She toyed with her pearls and quickly averted her eyes. I chuckled.

"Too soon." I chuckled. He patted my shoulder and shook his head.

I gave Alice a head nod. She flushed red and mumbled a goodbye.

Maybe it's too late.
----

"When do you fly out again?" Ruger asked casually.

My new martial status called for a single man's night out. It turned out to only be the three amigos. Guess, opted out since he had a wife and, thanks to me, now had almost five years of bullshit to decipher. Wyatt was off doing whatever he liked to do. Probably my soon to be ex-wife since he was always defending her.

"Where are you going?" Cree inquired.

"California. I have some business to handle out there. I fly out tomorrow morning." I shrugged. They nodded in understanding. Cree's gaze lingered on me for a few beats.

"Well tonight, we celebrate!" Cree cheered. We all toasted to our renewed bachelorhood.

"Wait, Ruger, did you and Eva break up?" I turned my attention to the almost drunk man tossing back shots and chasing them with bourbon.

"Let's just say you and I attract whores. No offense, Cree." He slurred.

"In the great words of Tupac, I get around." Cree tipped his glass back before flirting with the bartender.

Well this is a fucked up night.
---

I came home to a full voicemail box and endless text messages. I pressed play as I stripped down. Most of the messages featured the emotional rollercoaster that was Natalie. She went from screaming to crying to threats to begging. The final message was notifying me that her lawyers already received the divorce papers.

I smiled knowing that I was finally on the road to freedom.

Waking up at four when I actually got home at two didn't really make sense. I dressed comfortably and dragged myself to the airport. I was good to go after I pumped myself up with caffeine. It got me through my hour waiting period with ease.

I'll be the first to admit that private flights have spoiled me. I get rather impatient in large crowds of strangers. In a field where your name and face are plastered for the world to see, you can't help but be a little paranoid.

But, I sacrifice myself four times a year to make this trip to Los Angeles.

The almost six hour flight worked wonders for my sleep deprivation. It didn't help my thoughts at all. I felt as if I was neglecting my kid by flying across the country. It was only for a weekend, I shouldn't feel like this.

It's not like Harper is going to contact me.

Ruger told me that Lucia was back at home with her mother after they were both medically cleared. Eva seemed like a sweet girl. Not many people would drop everything and babysit a newborn. She even let me spend time with her between my work schedule. Nothing she ever did screamed whore.

Nothing Nat did screamed whore to you either.

Harper came off as the chill, collected one of the two. My radar was clearly uncalibrated. She might just be good at hiding.

I just hope Harper knows to call me for anything.

Growing up in two different mafia families who at the same time happened to be self-made millionaires, taught me a few things.

Money can buy anything.

Patience is a gamble.

Always keep your moves silent.

Now, I haven't always listened to these gems. My track record proved that early on, but now I'm using the third rule to my advantage.

Taking a public flight was the first step to this plan. Any time one of the family planes took off, the head members were alerted. I didn't need them asking unnecessary questions. I checked into my hotel under a pseudo name. I wore clothes where none of my identifiers showed. My locations were turned off and erased.

The only way I was going to be recognized was if I revealed myself. And I was about to do just that.

Knocking on the familiar door in front of me, I waited. I've been here many times, yet the nervous feeling is still the same. Like one day, no one will answer.

Just when I thought the day had come, footsteps sounded behind the door. I held my breath as the locks turned. A small figure emerged in the open space.

"Lucien!"

"Hi sorellina."