31. Lucia and Lucien 4Ever

Harper
*

Is it bad that I'm jealous of how much Luci likes Lucien?

In her defense, she likes everyone who calls her princess and doesn't make her eat carrots.

He seemed genuinely interested in her. He gave her his full attention when she talked and answered all of her questions. But damn, she treats him like the king of America.

They were sitting in my living room floor coloring in a princess coloring book. She was chastising him for using the wrong blue. He was pretending to be sorry.

I wouldn't have used the wrong blue.

My phone rang interrupting my silent pity party. I reached over and answered it without looking.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe. Kove wants to know if you're busy?"

I stared at the two in the floor before answering.

"No, why?" I drawled.

"Are the Carsons with you? We could do a family lunch." Kenya rambled. I sighed.

"No, they're at his mom's. The Lu's are here though." I frowned at my subconscious link.

"Cool! Let's still do lunch. I need to see what you saw in this man besides his obviously large package." Kenya teased. I came completely clean to Kenya after Lucien insisted on, taking Lucia and I to dinner last night.

"Kenya!" I exclaimed, alerting Lucia of my conversation. "I'm hanging up."

"Hi teetee." Luci squealed from her spot. I put Kenya on speaker and mumbled a warning.

"Hi teetee's baby. How's my pretty girl doing? I'll see you soon. Kove and I are going to take you for ice cream. Would you like that?" Kenya cooed.

"Yeah!" She squealed, "we can bring Lulu." She stated triumphantly, I rolled my eyes and accidentally made eye contact with Lucien. He quirked an eyebrow before going back to his coloring page.

He's still using the wrong blue. He was never sorry.

"Then mommy can get some d-i-c-k from d-a-d-d-"

"Bye Kenya!" I interrupted, taking her off speaker. Her laughter was cut short. "I'm going to punch you in the face." I threatened before hanging up.

"No mommy," Luci pointed a finger at me, "no hitting."

I sighed as Lucien's eyes danced in amusement. Lucia's brows furrowed at my glaring face.

"Mommy's sorry." I faked apologetic. She glared a second longer before moving to something different.

"It's okay." She chirped.

"We're meeting Kenya in an hour." I warned before heading back to my room.

Thankful for the distraction, I actually managed to wash, condition, and style my hair. I threw on a white maxi dress and a pair of silver sandals. I did light makeup with a pink lip. I completed my look with silver bangles and a necklace CJ had given me for mother's day. I smiled at how perfect my life was before Lucien came trying to claim Lucia.

Damn. Father's Day is tomorrow. How am I going to explain this one? Hopefully Lucien won't be expecting anything.

I sighed and went to go find the sudden best friends.

"Oh Sunshine," I sang. "Where are you?"

"Mommy!" Her little voice called in distress. I rushed into her room in a panic. It was rare that she would cry that way and it was usually serious. Lucia was standing in front of her closet with tears streaming down her little red cheeks. Lucien stood to the side with a sheepish look on his face.