38. Whores and Chores

Lucien

Three beers and a plate of nachos in, we were finally getting to the good stuff.

"Tell me about your exes." I asked while popping a soft pretzel in my mouth. Harper chewed the last nacho with her index finger up. I waited patiently until I saw her throat bob.

"Ex. Singular." She corrected. I nodded watching her eyes roll.

"Why'd you break up?" I asked curiously.

"Long story short; his family was crazy." She chuckled. "He attempted to rape me on my birthday because his father said he wanted grandchildren."

"What?" I asked out of shock. I heard what she said perfectly clear. How she said it was the problem. She treated it like he said he didn't like her outfit. Like what he did was normal.

"He didn't though, his brother stopped it before anything could happen." She blurted out. Still not seeing how she was so calm about the situation, I continued to stare. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You do know that's not normal, right?" I asked slowly. She thought for a second before shrugging.

"I know it's not, but what can I do about it?" She asked rhetorically. "I've already tried to kill myself over it. I think that's about the most I could do. Besides, I don't plan on running into him ever again so I don't feel like I'm in danger."

"I just don't get it." I shook my head. "Did Eva know about any of this?"

Honestly, ever since Harper had Lucia Eva has been acting weird. The constant flip flopping and roller coaster of emotions needed to come to an end. One minute Harper ruined everything, the next Eva was claiming she was protecting Harper from "the evils". Then she leaves Ruger alone with their kid claiming that she was in trouble. She knew the reputation we held so I'm still not sure why she hasn't been honest yet. I knew there was something off about her, but her reasoning for being shady is unknown.

If Cree feels like something is off, she's dead.

"She did." Harper nodded. "We were dating the brothers at the time. She was the one to encourage me to date him. She claimed that he was her best friend but I'm not too sure about that. Looking back, they never really hung out or talked unless I was around. Probably because she knew that if they looked too close, I would have turned him down."

"I guess." I mumbled, my mind working. Discreetly, I sent a text to have a background done on Eva. Long overdue.

"Enough about me. What about you?" She rested her chin on her hand in interest. I chuckled a little before sipping my beer.

"Ask away." I leaned back and laced my fingers over my stomach.

"How many?" She asked. I raised an eyebrow encouraging her to keep going. "How many women have you dated or been with?"

"That's two different questions, sweetheart." I chuckled. "I've had two relationships and several relations."

"Relations you mean sex." She clarified. I nodded. "Give me an estimate."

"I've been having sex since about thirteen and relationships don't matter in high school." I avoided the answer. She seemed to catch on to what I was hinting at and shook her head.

"That many?"I nodded casually. I owned my sex history. It was extensive and included several types of women. From married to single. Young to old. Plus size to slim. Race never mattered to me either. I never understood why it should.

Sex used to mean everything to me. In some aspects, it still does. But after years of therapy and continued practice of restraint, I've kept my encounters low. By low I mean the number of women. Now I try to maintain one woman at a time. A few years ago, I would entertain upwards to thirty women a month. A new woman each day, sometimes several in a day. Married or not, I didn't care.