10. Harper Raye Inc.

Leaving my room was the hardest thing to do. It didn't help that Eva was picking out an outfit that made me look "actually pregnant". Whatever the hell that meant. Fortunately for me, my stomach was still flat. Though I did lose the definition that I had been working so hard for.

I stayed in the bathroom to catch my breath. I pressed my head against the cool countertop. A nauseous feeling had been consuming me since I found his business card in my pocket of my shorts. I tried to burn it but Eva caught me and memorized the name and number.

Thank God she didn't catch the personal number.

Please let him cancel my appointment.

Or have an ear infection so bad that he has to stuff them with cotton balls.

I wrapped myself in a towel and yanked off my shower cap.

"Don't people our age usually tell their baby daddies through text message?" I mumbled to myself.

"Yeah, but guess who slept with a businessman and not a drug dealer." Eva teased, throwing a pair of heels at me.

"Drug dealers are businessmen." I quipped.

"But that's not the level your vagina chose." Eva retorted.

"Maybe my vagina has higher standards than me." I rolled my eyes as Eva doubled over in laughter.

"Okay, I have to go." She caught her breath. "Ruger wants to take me out before he meets his best friend."

I groaned as she skipped out of the room. I stripped myself of my towel and continued to sit naked at my vanity.

"Why him Tootie?" I whined to my lap. "Why?"
----

I finally gathered up enough courage to put on underwear. I put the outfit that Eva chose back in the closet. I picked up a black turtleneck dress and black heeled booties. I pulled on my black tights and skipped on the makeup.

No need to impress someone who's already knocked you up.

"You got this." I breathed.

I entered the building with a polite smile on my face.

Leave it to me to get pregnant by a CEO.

I smoothed my dress and straightened my spine before walking to the front desk. 

"Hi, I'm here to speak with Mr. Myles." I gave her my best professional voice. She looked me up and down before smirking.

"Of course," she stood from her chair. "Right this way."

She led me to a private elevator. There were only three buttons on the panel. She pressed the one for the top floor and turned to me. I clutched my folder against my chest.

"I take it you're one of his stress relievers." She prodded eyeing me carefully. I shook my head.

"I'm not." I folded my arms over my chest. "Just here on business."

She hummed at my response and gave me one last look. The elevator sounded and we exited into a lobby.

"Who are you here to see?" She asked for confirmation.

"Lucien Myles." I stumbled out, she formed her lips into an "o" shape.

She eyed me with tight lips before moving to press a button. I shifted uncomfortably.

Just get this over with.

"Yes?" A voice came through the intercom.

"Your 11:05 is here, sir." She let her voice drip with sugar. I rolled my eyes and shifted my weight.