19

*Katie*

I was called out of class to go to the nurse's office. Oh god, it's Dan. I hurried that way ignoring Phil. Please be okay. When I arrived in the nurse's office, Dan was unconscious. Shit. Soon paramedics arrived and loaded Dan up on a stretcher bringing him to the ambulance. The entire school was in shock. Dan never gets sick. I don't know what's going on. I know there is one doctor at the hospital who is a wolf. She is actually the Luna of a pack two cities over. She knows me and Dan because we've come here a couple of times when I've begun changing and wolfing out. Arriving at the hospital, Dr. Snow was talking to a nurse when she saw us. "Daniel Howell is my patient, I'll be in his room in a minute." she said as we passed. "Alright." one of the paramedics said. Dan was put in a room and hooked up to an IV drip, oxygen, and heart monitor.  I sat next to his bed with our bags at my feet. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Minutes later Dr. Snow came in and checked on Dan. "Has Daniel met his mate yet?" she asked. I said, "Two months ago on his 19th birthday. He told him they were mates and that night they kissed. But, for some reason the next day Dan's mate just started to ignore him and has been ever since." "Just what I feared. Daniel's wolf is going into rejection mode. The only thing that can keep him from dying is for his mate to let him know that he has or hasn't rejected him. If he has rejected Daniel, then I'm not sure if he'll come out of this harm free. Let's just pray that it's all a misunderstanding. It's a lot harder for an Alpha to deal with rejection than a normal ranked wolf." Dr. Snow concluded. I told her thanks and sat with Dan until visiting hours were over.