58

*Phil*

The walk back to the house made me feel awkward. I mean I'm happy Dan's parents are alive. It makes me happy to see him happy and full of joy. It's just that his dad is scaring me with the way he looks at me. It's like he's judging me. Getting back to the house Dan hollers for Katie but she didn't answer. "I think she's in her room, come on." Dan said leading her family down the hall leaving me with his parents. My nerves went up like a thousand times more than they were. "So Phil, why were you hanging out with rogues?" his father asked. I gulped saying, "It wasn't intentional. Dan got aggravated at we had a small argument. um... we were in the forest behind this house and he walked off. It was getting dark and I was lost. These guys suddenly showed up out of no where...." "And you thought it was a good idea to ask them for directions? You should have some common sense, son. Especially if you are going to be Luna of this pack." Dan's father said shaking his head at me. "Yay!!" Katie shouted as her and Dan walked in the room. I gave Dan a look asking him for help, but he didn't see me because he was helping an excited Katie. "No, that's not what happened. They started talking to me like I was an object. Then I was knocked out. When I woke up I was bound to a bed." I said. But I wasn't believed just looked down upon by Dan's father. He doesn't like me.......great. Does that mean something to wolves when a parent despises the mate? I don't know. I do know I'm uncomfortable though. So I excused myself from the conversation and made my way to Dan's room shutting the door behind me.