61

*Katie*

"Sweetheart, how've you been? Has Daniel taken good care of you?" Mom asked sitting on the edge of my bed. I took a shaky breath saying, "Dan's taken such good care of me, honest. Being just the two of us for so long has taken a toll. It's hard to adjust back to there being more than just the two of us in this wolf pack. I think it could be taking a larger toll on Dan. He just found his mate on his 19th birthday and he's already almost died because of how Phil was figuring out the whole no pack thing and now Phil was kidnapped. Me, I thought I found my mate turned out to be a friggin shape shifter that I ended up putting two bullets in his chest only to find my mate on the same day. Who just so happens to be Dan's Beta. It's just ........ a lot to take in and all." "Daniel had almost died because of his reckless mate?" I heard from the door way. Turning around I saw Dan's dad. "It's not like Phil meant for it to happen. He's still getting to understand the whole werewolf thing and how it all works." I said. The Alpha said, "He needs to shape up and get to it before the full moon on Friday if Daniel is going to become Alpha anytime soon." "You're expecting Dan and Phil to learn their roles in this pack in a week? Are you kidding me?!" I said. He sighed, "It's none of your business Katie. Besides, your father is going to be teaching you your role in the same amount of time." "Who's to say that I don't want to run the pack a different way?" Dan said standing behind his father. Uh oh. That's what happens when wolves ease drop.