84

Pulling up into the side driveway by the pack house, Phil said, "What if they all hate me for making you leave." "Nothing bad's going to happen, i promise." getting out of the car with our stuff and heading to the front door. We stopped at his mom's house first and went a head getting that out of the way. "But still." Phil worried. I said, "Don't worry, you'll be fine." Then all of the sudden the front door was flung open and Kitty shouted, "Dan!" Jumping on me causing me to stumble backwards before I could hug her back. "Hey Kitty." I chuckled. She then gave Phil a hug who hugged her back with a smile on his face. When she let go of him and we walked inside setting our bags down in the hallway, my mother gave me a hug with tears in her eyes. "Daniel." she said. I responded, "Hey mom." she looked up at me smiling before going over to Phil. "Phil, I'm so glad you are okay. Andrew is old fashioned and treats everyone the way his father treated him. I'm so sorry if he did anything that made you feel like you didn't belong." she said hugging him. It caught Phil off guard, he wasn't expecting her to be happy to see him. he hugged her back saying, "it's okay." "Where's dad?" I asked noticing everyone was there but him. "He's most likely on his way back from the bar." Ash said. Kitty was looking nervous as footsteps were heard coming towards the door. Phil and I turned around and backed away from the door. Phil grabbed my hand as I felt Kitty press up behind me. My father opened the door and said, "oh Daniel, so nice of you to come back to a pack you are no longer in charge of." "Says who." i stated. He said, "Me, the Alpha." with some authority laced in his voice. "Well, I'm your son and possess the Alpha gene. So that makes me the next Alpha of this pack." I shot back. My father just chuckled and said, "With what future pack? Katie and Jake are going to be sent to the Raging Waters pack tomorrow morning." "No, they won't be. Jake is my Beta and Kitty is his mate. Doesn't matter if she happens to be an Omega too. They are on the same social standards." I contradicted. He walked up to me and noticed Phil. "So you went after this worthless son of a bitch after all." He sneered. He wasn't my father anymore. I should have seen it when i first got them back. Something happened to him after that attack all those years ago. I was pissed, my wolf was pissed and I let him take over. My eyes went from a deep brown to a bluish gold color as I said, "You do not speak to my mate and the future Luna of this pack that way. It is none of your business as to who my mate it. The Moon Goddess chose Phil. She has something planned for the both of us and that makes him not worthless. You on the other hand are a selfish stuck up douche bag. I don't know what happened to you after the pack was attacked 15 years ago, but you are no longer my father." Power radiated off of me and I knew it freaked him out. "Daniel is right Andrew. You aren't the man I fell in love with. You don't deserve to be Alpha of an pack that had gone without authority for so long. You treat these kids the same way your father treated you. I'm asking you to stand down and let Daniel run this pack with Phil by his side. While you  need to go and find the man you used to be before that night." mom said to my father. I watch betrayal enter his eyes followed by guilt and regret. He didn't say another word, just turned and left the pack house. I have no idea if he plans on returning, but I know he got the message about how he's been acting.