86

*Phil*

Dan's mother called me over and I went to see what she wanted. She got on her tippy toes and placed a hand on my arm to balance herself as she tugged the collar of my shirt down. She noticed my mark. I didn't say anything because I was watching her reaction. She closed her eyes and laid her hand flat against the mark. She stayed like that for a couple minutes before going to her feet. "Is this your mating mark?" she asked. I just nodded and she smiled. "You are blessed. The Moon Goddess chooses a select few to carry on her bloodline. Phil my dear, you've been chosen. In fact, you and Dan have been chosen." She explained. Wait I've been chosen to carry on her bloodline. "Does that mean I can get...." I cautiously asked. She chuckled, "Yes dear. that's exactly what it means." "But why me? I'm not particularly equipped for that department." I said trying to make sense of it all. His mother said, " The Moon Goddess had picked you out from birth. She new something special would come from you." I only nodded still taking in the news as Dan walked over. 

"Phil? are you okay?" I asked looking at my stunned mate and my mother. "I..um...erm.." He stuttered. My mother said, "I'll leave you two alone." "Phil... What's going on?" I said. He said, "Um.... apparently my visible mark means that the Moon Goddess picked us to carry on her bloodline." "Which means?" I said giving him a confused look. He took a deep breath and looked at the ground, "That I can get pregnant." Seriously? This is amazing news. "That's fantastic Phil." I said with this huge smile on my face. "You're not upset or mad?" He questioned looking back up at me. "Why would I be mad, Phil? The Moon Goddess chose us to parent her children. How is that a bad thing? It makes you special and the Moon Goddess thinks highly of you." I said pulling him in for a kiss.