57

*Katie*

I've been mopey this morning. I'm frightened and I don't trust Kayla enough to talk to her about things. And I definitely don't feel like telling Dan about it either. I wish my mother was alive and I could have that heart to heart with her. I just can't. "Kitty!" I heard Dan holler when the front door opened. I just went to my room. I don't want to be around people right now. I heard foot steps come down the hall and stop in front of my door. "Kitty." Dan said knocking. I muttered, "Go away." "I have a surprise for you though." He said. I mumbled, "I don't care." my door opened and I heard someone run in. "Jamie." a familiar voice said. A boy was standing in front of my face. He had this huge smile on his face. "Sissy." he giggled. He looked to be about ten. I scrunched up my face.  What? "Uh...Dan?" I said not rolling over. Dan chuckled, "I told you I had a surprise for you." I sat up and looked at him. In the door way stood familiar looking faces. "Mom?" I whispered. She smiled and so did my dad. They walked into my room and gave me a hug. My face lit up.  I hopped off the bed and ran over to Dan giving him a big hug. "Thank you." I whispered. He said, "You're welcome." "They can be your parents too." I said into his shirt. He awkwardly coughed saying, "About that." I gave him a weird look and he walked me into his living room where Phil was talking to , whom I'm going to assume are Dan's parents. "YAY!" I said hugging Dan again. Happy! Happy! Happy! We are starting to fix our pack. I have my parents, my wish came true and it turns out I have a little brother. Everyone just kinda chuckled at my reaction to everything. This surprise right here made my day completely flip. I'm not longer moody and upset. I'm freaking ecstatic.