90

"Alright, glad we could get this breakout settled." the Rushing Waters Alpha, Eric, said. The Elder from their pack said, "Young Daniel, you will make a fine Aloha. You and your mate are a family to look up to." "Thank you." I said showing them out. Once they left I entered the living room finding Phil talking to a family of four. "Hey, Sweetheart. Who's this?" I said coming up behind him. Phil said, "Oh, this is your dad's older sister Chrissy, her wife, Meg, and their children, Jesse and Nicole. They arrived a little bit ago with your father who is out back talking to your mother." "Wait, he's  back." I said slightly irritated. Phil put a hand on top of the one I had on his shoulder. "Dan, he's better. First thing he did when he came inside was to let me know how sorry he was. He fully apologized." Phil said. What?! "Did you forgive him?" I asked. Phil looked up at me saying, "I did, and you should too when he comes to talk to you. You can't hold a grudge forever." "Yeah, okay, but you held a grudge for three years." I fired back. I heard Phil mutter, "But that was different. " "Uh-huh, sure." I said leaning down to kiss his lips. Suddenly, I heard a giggle and someone grabbing my leg. "I'm sorry Daniel, Nicole really like to give hugs." Chrissy said. I smiled at the little girl and picked her up. "It's fine, and could you please call me Dan." I said. Chrissy said, "Of coarse." A couple minutes later the back door opened to reveal my mother and father. I passed Nicole to Phil who looked slightly scared because he didn't know what to do and pulled my dad aside. "Phil said you've changed, is that true?" I asked a bit harshly. He sighed saying, "I deserve that tone. Yes, Daniel I've changed. The way I was acting was the way my father acted. Harsh and ungrateful. I promised myself that I would never become my father, but all that got me was a ransacked pack and my son taken away from me. So I slowly turned into my father, that way I wouldn't lose anymore people, but I still lost people and made the situation worse. I took out my frustrations on you, Phil, Katie, and Jacob and I shouldn't have done that. You guys didn't deserve that treatment from me. I am so sorry, Daniel." He wasn't kidding, he has changed. He's not the father I lost when I was seven, but he's not the douchebag that left two years ago either. I pulled him into a hug saying, "I'm glad you got your head out of your ass finally." "Yeah, me too." He chuckled. I let got and we headed back to everybody and he said, "Phil and your mother tell me you're becoming Alpha tomorrow for your 24th birthday." "Yeah..." I said. He only nodded patting me on the back and said, "Good for you son." and we were back in the living room with everybody. So it seems we got four more members to our small pack, which is a good thing. I'm proud of what my pack has become.