22

Daniel Wake up!

                                            Mate!

What? I let out a soft groan and opened my eyes to find  myself in a hospital and pressure on my chest. I looked down to see Phil snuggled into my side. He had red puffy eyes and tears down his face. Why was he so sad. "Phil." I croaked slightly brushing my fingers through his hair. He stirred a little before opening his yes, but he just stared at my chest. I continued to brush my fingers in his hair and watched him. He intertwined his fingers with mine. "Phil." I said again. This time he looked up at me and gave a weak smile. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kill you. I'm just stupid and weak like what everyone says. Past schools I've been at I got beat up and made fun of because I'm gay. So I tend to push people away who care for me. " He said crying more. Wiping away tears I asked, "Hey, hey, hey. Sssh it's okay. What made you get distant in the first place?" Phil looked away from me saying, "This girl at school got it put into my head that anyone who gets close to you or Katie gets put in the hospital because of you guys." "Why'd you believe it?" I asked generally curious. He muttered, "Because I needed an answer to a question I had." "You know, I'll answer any questions you have. What was it?" I asked.  Phil looked at me, "I always thought wolves stayed in packs. How come you and Katie live by yourselves?" "Well, it's kinda complicated." I coughed. I don't really want to get into this. "I got time. I really want to know more about you if you are serious about us being mates." Phil threatened. I surrendered, "okay, okay." I took a deep breath before continuing, "We were attacked by rogues when I was seven.  The goal was to get all the younglings out safe. This included the Alpha's air, his only son...." "You?" Phil interrupted. I chuckled, "Yes, me. Anyway, I was the only one fast enough to get me and the packs youngest Omega out of there in time." "Katie?" He questioned yet again. I said, "Yes, Katie. And I had to take care of her and teach her and my self how to blend in." "Oh. So those rogues that attacked me.... " Phil started. I finished, "Were the ones that killed my pack, yes." "I'm so sorry. But think of it this way. If that didn't happen maybe that soul the moon goddess split in two wouldn't be two broken pieces of a whole. Takes two broken halves to mend a heart." Phil said playing with my fingers.