Chapter 2 - Group Date

Prince's POV

It's Saturday morning and I'm dealing with terrible gut rock. In my excitement to meet Isabella and her boys that I didn't eat dinner last night. I could blame my discomfort on Chef Ray's eggplant lasanga from lunch, but I know I'm just a wreck of nerves to be around Isabella and her boys later today.

As I look in the mirror I can't believe the guy that could get almost any woman, even now, is behaving like a he has a new school crush. My only comfort is knowing she probably feels the same way because I can make that girl blush on demand.

Taking the morning to think about dinner, she wants simple. Simple with two crazy boys sounds like outdoors to me. I check the weather report and it's to be unseasonably warm today, a high of 72. These fall temperatures usually peek in the late afternoon so it's perfect for an outdoor picnic. I'll give Ray a call and see if he can whip up something nice for the four of us, bring it over and set something sweet up at the park.

After finalizing the menu with Ray that offers adult and kid friendly choices, I better start looking at what to wear. I decide on a pair of stretch black pants and a lightweight, cream turtleneck sweater.

Then I start to jumble my nerves even more. I'm pretty certain she doesn't know who I am. Introducing myself as Mr. Rogers wasn't exactly completely true. When I decide to share my identity with her, I hope
she doesn't freak out and say she's not down with seeing someone who is a celebrity, or even worse, a former major skirt chaser. I've grown so much through the years that I hope my past doesn't come back to haunt me.

About 1:30 p.m. I decide to hop in the shower. An hour should give me plenty of time to get ready and then pop into the florist before meeting up with my trio at the park.

After lavendering myself up, I get dressed and do the finishing touches on my hair. Minus the make up is,my decision for our date, exposing my every flaw. Since we're meeting late in the day, my sunglasses will eventually have to come off and I want Isabella to see the real me, no glamour, no make-up, no fancy clothes...just me.

With a sense of urgency, I jump in my car, rush to the florist and grab a bouquet of six sunflowers. Sunflowers are THE perfect fall flower and they remind me of Isabella's happy smile.

Arriving back to Paisley Park, I begin my walk over to Lake Ann. My butterflies have taken flight in my core again as I wonder what Isabella will look like without the athletic wear and ball cap.

As I'm about to exit the underpass, I'm welcomed by the laughter of Thad and Sebastian and I see them skipping around in the fallen leaves...and then I see...her.

Oh...my...dear...God, I feel like I have lost the ability to breathe. She is prettier than I had ever imagined and I am frozen in my tracks. I'm thankful that she and the boys haven't seen me yet as I decide back up into the underpass for a moment to collect myself. Nelson you have GOTTA get it together.

Expelling a huge sigh, I make my way to her. She sees me and begins to wave and the boys start to holler. "Hey Mr. Rogers!"

It feels good to have someone excited to see me...truly me...and not the celebrity.

As we continue our walk toward one another, I cannot help but notice her beautiful sense of simple style. It's not Dolce and Gabbana glam, but a simple beauty that I am so ready for in my life.

She's wearing a flowy, paisley patterned dress that is gently blowing in the breeze, a light-weight cardigan sweater and strappy sandals. Her hair is drawn up in a loose chignon with a few loose, whispy pieces blowing in the wind. If this is the epitome of a suburban mom, sign me up!