Chapter 4 - The First Date

Isabella's POV

In the morning, the boys jumped in my bed and all they could talk about was dinner by the lake and Prince's recording studio. I feel a little bad that they've met Prince this early, because if it doesn't work out they will be disappointed. I'm going to try to not think about that...it maybe happened this way for a reason.

Calling my sister Sarah to see if she can babysit is my priority while making breakfast. She quickly asked her husband Jeff if he'd be home, and he would be, so it was a go. We started talking about how it was so much colder today than yesterday, 72 yesterday and 45 degrees today.

Sarah: Hey Isa, I forgot to ask what you're doing this afternoon into the evening. You got a hot date?

Oh damn, I was hoping not to get 20 questions...but she would be here when he picked me up so it's either explain now or later.

Sarah: Isa did you hear me? What are you doing? [giggling]

Me: Sarah...I have a date and it's the first one since Chandler passed so it is a really big deal.

Sarah: I'm really happy to hear this sis. I was worried that you wouldn't look at another man because Chandler was so perfect for you. Who is he? How did you meet?

Do I have to tell her everything? Maybe I can meet Prince somewhere, but then the boys have met him so they might mention him to her. Ugh! Why am I behaving like this? I'm a 45 year old grown woman with two children not a 16 year old talking to my mommy.

Me: Is it ok if I take this slow with everyone, him, you...can I just tell you more in my own time?

Detecting a bit of hurt in Sarah's voice, I didn't want her to be but I just wasn't ready to talk about it. Even though Chandler is gone, and I have every right to move on, it's still difficult.

Me: I will tell you that the boys and I met him at Lake Ann Park in Chanhassen on Friday afternoon and that we met there again yesterday and had dinner.

Sarah: Chanhassen? What were you doing out in Chanhassen? Well...anyhow...I understand Isa, I really do. This can't be easy. Can you at least tell me his first name?

Me: [I laughed out loud.] Sarah if I tell you his name, you'll know who it is.

Sarah: Wha???? [laughing]

Me: Can you come over at 4 p.m.?

Sarah: Ok sis, see you then. Love you!

Me: Love you too.

As I hung up, I started to feel excited but a little nervous. I texted Prince...

Me: Good morning, I hope you slept well. My sister can come over at 4 p.m., did you still want to get together?

Prince: That is wonderful news mama. How about I come get you at 4:30 p.m.?

Me: That sounds great. Do you have any idea what we might do so that I know what to wear?

Prince: Wear anything you'd like, except jeans I don't like them. We're doing dinner for sure.

Well, that's weird...who doesn't like a nice pair of jeans?

Me: Ok, see you soon.

Prince: I can't wait.

The perfect outfit was next on my list. No, no, no, no...perfect. Since the weather cooled off a bit, I decided on a black pencil skirt, geometric black and gray blouse that tied at the hip with my black suede above the knee boots with a medium heel.

Prince's POV

Where to take her...I think I'll start with an outdoor Fireside Bar for a drink, that way we can snuggle and talk a bit. Then we'll go to Cafe Lucrat for dinner and I'll finish it off with a horse drawn carriage ride if there's time. I don't want to keep her out too late on a Sunday. She'll have to get up and get the boys to school.