Chapter 12 - Domestic God

Prince POV

When we got back from the doctor's, Isa went into the bathroom for what seemed like forever. I looked at the clock and saw that we have five hours before the boys come home from school.

With time on our hands, I decided the first item of business was food in her to keep the nausea at bay. Since it was only 10:30 a.m. I made us a couple of eggs, toast and some yogurt. Let's be honest, I'll need to be adding some new dishes to my repitoire now that I'm caring for my family.

Rapping on the bathroom door, "Isa honey...are you ok?" She was crying but trying to hide it.

"Yeah I'm fine...I'll be out in a minute."

"Ok, I made us some breakfast food, I want to try and keep something in your stomach."

Silence followed, what was up with her.

As we sat down to eat, I noticed she wasn't talking, her eyes were red and she shuffled her food from one side of the plate to the other.

Having had enough, I pushed my chair back, grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit on my lap. Brushing her hair back, rubbing her cheek and with a soft tone begged her.

"Tell me what's troubling you baby."

Quiet tears rolled down her face.

"Prince I'm just so worried about everything."

"Like what? Everything is perfect Isa. I love you, and you love me, I love the boys and we have two beautiful babies on the way."

Heavy sobs made her challenging to understand and seeing her this upset, made me close to losing it too.

"I'm just so sorry."

"Isabella you have nothing to be sorry about."

"No Prince I do, I should have had you wear a condom. Now I'm pregnant with two babies, we don't even know if they're healthy. I'm old...I'm too old to be having babies Prince. I never wanted to put you in a possible position similar to Amiir. What did I do? I don't want to break us! I don't want our love to ever change." 

To the chaise part of the sofa I took her, climbing underneath the blanket, gazing into her eyes, holding her hand and gently stroking the side of her face...this is what love was about, comfort.

"Isabella, first and foremost...when I told you that I have never loved another woman as much as I love you...that wasn't an exaggeration. I didn't say that to be melodramatic or because I met 'someone' new. I said that because I met THE ONE. Second, there's no sorry to be said by either of us. I could have just as easily insisted that I wear a condom. There's never a sorry when it comes to us making love. Our love is always beautiful."

With a bit of a chuckle I continued, "Apparently, you forgot about the other night when I found out you were pregnant. Do you remember how I made love to you, how fiery it was? That was sheer happiness to not only be with you, but at the news of us becoming parents together. It seems I need to verbalize how I feel about these babies. You struggled with infertility and had multiple losses for years before having the boys. You and I were together one beautiful night and that's when you got pregnant...our first time together. Isa...you getting pregnant is not an accident...it's divine intervention. It's a blessing. When I'm away from you and only with my thoughts...I spend my time thinking about how God brought us together. How you and I had to experience all the joys and sorrows in our lives separately to prepare us to meet one day and finally be together."

"Yeah?" Questioning him a way that made him giggle, she too now was feeling a bit reassured.

"Hell yeah. Isabella you're right about one thing...we cannot predict what the future holds regarding these babies but I have a very good feeling about it. I can tell you that no matter what happens [kissing...good or bad...[kissing] my love for you, will always be ever present. You and I have been through the fire with tragic losses in our lives. I'm prepared for anything that comes my way...as long as you are by my side.