Chapter 3 - Chandler Carson

Isabella's POV

As I watched Prince's cab drive away, I leaned up against the closed door sighing at t he fun filled evening. Unbelievable describes the last few days feeling a mix of great euphoria for my time spent with Prince and nostalgia for my late husband.

It's overwhelming reflecting on my time with Prince because it made me realize that I haven't spent a moment thinking about my needs since Chandler died. How easily I had forgotten what it was like to be cared for, and quite frankly, not in charge all of the time.

Looking at Chandler's picture made me reminisce about our life together. We partially grew up together, since we met in 7th grade.

He was just a geeky boy and I was a bit chubby but we grew out of our awkward stage together into lovely swans, or so I think.

When we graduated from high scho ok, we were so worried about going to different colleges, but distance didn't change a thing for us. We stayed as close as can be.

Chandler went on to medical school and became a pediatrician in a small practice. We didn't rake in a lot of money, especially with paying off his loans, but we were comfortable...and most of all happy.

Getting pregnant was difficult, but with a little bit of faith and a lot of medical intervention we had these beautiful strong boys.

He was such a great Dad.

I so wish the boys would have known their father more. With each passing year, I worry that Thad's memory of his father dwindles and poor Sebastian will never have a memory of him at all, except for videos, because Sebastian was only one when Chandler passed.

Crazy how everything we knew, everything we worked for was shattered that night five years ago when Chandler was the on call doctor. I thank God every day that when that truck struck Chandler's car he died instantly. The thought of him suffering one bit would pain me to no end.

It's pretty funny that we met Prince yesterday. Chandler and I enjoyed his music all through high school when he first came on the scene.

Chandler must be laughing at me now. He'd probably say, "Isabella, the guy who had the filthiest lyrics come out of his mouth, just kissed you with those same lips."

Oh how we liked to laugh together. I miss that. The fun banter with one another, the feeling of simply belonging and the sex, oh Lord, the closeness that is created when two belong to one another.

I have to admit that I'm a little shocked that Prince wants to spend time with me. I'm just a city Mom with two boys. My body has seen the ravages of multiple miscarriages, two full term pregnancies and let's not forget I'm 45 years old. Gravity is an evil thing. It's amazing what clothes can hide...my belly, c-section scars, my no longer perky breasts that fed my two babies and the cellulite. Ugh! I'm no where comparable to the young women he typically sees or his two previous wives who were gorgeously exotic looking. I cannot compete with that. Hmmm...I wonder...how old is Prince now, I'll check Wikipedia...he's 53. Huh...we're only eight years apart.

No matter why he wants to spend time with me, I need to enjoy it for as long as it lasts. Losing Chandler taught me that...for life can change so quickly. Plus, it just feels so good when I am with him. Stop being so cerebral about this Isabella, just enjoy the man.

He is absolutely lovely. His eyes are dark pools that I'm lost in them every time he looks at me. And those kisses...thank goodness the boys didn't wake up. I have completely forgotten about the sexual part of me.

Five years of grief and caring for those two beautiful boys made me forget that I'm a woman...a woman that also has needs to be touched, caressed and kissed. But...am I who he would really like to do all of those things with? He could have anyone. My mouth went dry just thinking about him.

I downed a glass of water and entered the bathroom to take off my make-up. I got into my pajamas, checked on the boys one last time and crawled into bed. My phone lit up and I saw that it was Prince.

Prince: Hello Bella

Oooooh...no one has called me Bella in so long.

Me: Hi Prince. Why are you still up?

Prince: I'm thinking about all the time we've spent together and I can't wait to see you again.

My goodness, tell me how you really feel. His directness is so refreshing.

Me: I had a wonderful time with you as well. I would like to see you too.

Prince: Tomorrow?

Boy he is not wasting any time.

Me: I'd have to see if I can get my sister to watch the boys or a sitter. Were you thinking afternoon or evening?

Prince: Either.

Prince: Both. 🙂

He's much more direct and forward in his texts.

Me: I'll let you know what I can do.

Prince: If all else fails, I can bring over some pizza and salad and we can watch a movie with the boys. They'll have to get to bed early since Sunday is a school night, right? Then we could spend some time together.

He has a plan for everything.

Me: That sounds great. I'll text you tomorrow and let you know what I'm able to swing. Goodnight and sleep well.

Prince: Goodnight. Pleasant dreams lovely.

With that, I turned my phone and light off and went to bed. A tear fell down my cheek as I thought of Chandler. The chapter of my life with Chandler is definitely closing...and a new one is about to be written. I need to do more than just exist.

There's your introduction to Isabella. I hope you enjoyed hearing her thoughts and feelings. Don't forget to vote. And let me know how you'd like the story to progress. 😀