Chapter 27 - Adoption Day

Isabella's POV

It's adoption day and Paisley is buzzin' this morning. It is an extremely cold day, so I'm dressing the boys in shirts, ties and sweater vests. They look very young boy GQ.

With a hop out of the shower, Prince was ready with a towel off the warmer to wrap around me.

"Mmmmm thank you for the towel handsome. I could get use to being waited on."

Prince was smiling ear to ear.

"Your boys become our boys this morning. I'm so very excited Isabella. Then all I need is for you to be my wife and we are officially a family."

We kissed until I started to lose track of time.

"Gosh darling, we need to move."

Since I was now running behind, Prince said he'd get the boys ready and fed. He came up to get dressed as I was walking out of our closet and scared me.

"Baby...it's just me."

We laughed. His eyes popped and he whistled when he saw my grey sweater dress.

"Isa you look fantastic, is that one of the dresses Cynthia made you? Baby you look stunning. I love the off the shoulders and how it shows your bump. That should grow with you easily during the pregnancy. I will say though, you need to be less distracting to me."

My eyes couldn't help but roll. I gave him a peck and smacked his tush. "Focus, focus...get dressed we're leaving in 20 minutes."

We corralled in the Paisley lobby, Prince crouched down and pinned each of the boys' sweater vests with the love symbol pin he had made for them. With welled eyes, he shared with the boys his feelings.

"Boys...I've prayed my entire life for a family...today He [looking to the heavens] answered my prayers in the two of you."

He kissed them both on the head, huddled us together for a group hug and yelled, "Let's roll! We need to make ourselves a family!"

We descended into the parking garage.

Sarah and family were meeting us there, Chandler's parents Richard and Eva and so were Prince's sister Tyka and family. I haven't met her yet, but Prince said it should go smoothly.

We arrived at the judge's chambers and waited for everyone to arrive. Prince seemed anxious and I wanted to ease any worry.

"Honey are you ok? You seem a bit nervous."

"Isa I become a father today I'm just very emotional."

To help calm, I rubbed my fingers through his hair and whispered in his ear.

"Come here and let me be a minute of quiet for you. Tell me what you are so nervous about my love."

"Isabella what if I'm a terrible dad? I didn't have the best father."

"Prince you'll be a fine dad. You've wanted this your whole life, that's what you've always shared."

Prince replied, "Isabella please don't question what I've told you as not being what I meant."

"Prince I didn't mean it that way, I just was saying..."

Soon we were interrupted by the clerk announcing that the judge was ready for us. I didn't particularly care for his dismissive tone or how he responded to me, but I knew he was a little anxious.

Prince never looked at me during the proceedings, which more than hurt. This was such a huge day for us and I was just trying to keep it together. At the end, when the judge announced the finalization and dropped the gavel, Prince looked in my eyes and repaired our tiff.