Chapter 39 - The Nightmare

Prince's POV

Standing in the bathroom doorway with a smile on my face about what was about to happen.

"I guess it's time my pretty girl."

Calmly, I came into the bathroom and helped her out of the puddle so she didn't fall. With her wrapped in my arms, I guided her to a bench and grabbed a towel to dry her feet.

Rummaging through our dresser I grabbed a bra, panties, socks, sweats, and from a bag she had never seen before, a brand new oversized Prince sweatshirt, making her laugh.

"How is it that you're always able to stay so calm?" She asked.

After I was done putting her socks on I cupped her face and kissed her.

"Isa...my whole life I waited for beautiful you and these girls...I'm so ready."

Tossing the bag over my shoulder, she was busy working through a contraction.

Once we got to the hospital they began preparing her for a c-section since that's what she had with the boys. One of the nurse's brought me scrubs to put on.

"Imagine that, my very own McDreamy." She joked.

I chuckled, kissing her cheek and whispered.

"Actually, I like it when you call me your rockstar."

As she was wheeled into the operating room, Dr. Barring was ready for us.

"Isabella...Prince...are we ready to meet the newest Nelsons?"

I piped up. "Absolutely we can't wait to meet our beauties!"

Dr. Barring came to Isabella's side and shared.

"Now listen...since the babies are being delivered before 36 weeks we just gave you some steroids via IV to develop their lungs. They're going to spend some time in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Prince are you cutting the cord?"

"You better believe it!"

Taking a seat by Isabella's head, careful to not peek over the drape, I focused on her giving lots of tons attention.

The anesthesiologist began asking questions. "Did you bring your phone? Do you want to take pictures?"

I handed my phone to the anesthesiologist who sat on a higher chair and had a much better view.

Dr. Barring announced. "Just as we thought...here's your first girl!"

She was a screamer as I cut the cord smiling ear to ear. Isabella couldn't really see much, so I told her how beautiful she is. The nurse's took her immediately to clean her off and check her.

I was crying and repeatedly kissed her conveying my joy. "Oh my God Isabella she's beautiful just like you baby. Thank you for these beautiful miracles."

As Dr. Barring pulled our second girl from from her, Isabella said she wasn't feeling very good.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"Oh baby girl are you ok?"

A nurse quickly turned her head to the side and had her vomit in a kidney-shaped plastic container. The heart monitor started to beep slower. Dr. Barring didn't allow me to cut our second girl's cord.

"Prince...I love you. What's hap..." Barely an audible whisper Isabella was out.

The anesthesiologist said plainly but urgently. "She's having a reaction to the anesthesia."

Isabella's eyes became so heavy and then...shut.

I screamed so loud and found myself sitting up in bed. Covered in sweat, Isabella had her arm around me and stroking my hair.