Chapter 40 - Beautiful Love

Prince's POV

I've been home for two weeks and it has felt glorious to not be in constant pain, popping pills and of course hiding it. Don't get me wrong, I still have aches but not pain, it's by far so much more manageable.

Isabella is nesting up a storm and I get a kick out of all the plans and projects that she has going, and that I get pulled into. Our c-section is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I cannot wait for us to meet our girls, and I pray everything goes smoothly for Isabella. My nightmare keeps haunting me.

Thomas is kind enough to stay with the boys. I will say I'm so glad he and I have become closer, he's such a good friend to Isabella and I and he's an awesome uncle to the boys...and soon to be girls.

Since this was our last day being parents of two, I planned an outing for the two of us. Things have been a little tense at the Nelson's, I can tell she's tired and a little anxious.

I've done my best to keep my horniness in check because I don't want her to feel any pressure when I know she's not feeling her best. I haven't made love to her for a week and it's killing me.

When I came home from dropping the boys off at school, Isabella still wasn't ready, and quite frankly I was a little surprised at what she was wandering around the house in. I mean it's pretty, and it makes me want her so badly, but she can't go out in that...makes me wonder what she's thinking.

"Isabella...are you going to get ready? You know we're going out today, right?"

She huffed at me and left for our bedroom, I followed.

"Isa what is going on? Why did you get so disgusted, huff at me and leave?"

She replied, "Prince...Seriously?!"

Into the closet she went and slammed the door.

"Darling...I don't want to fight with you. We're a very happily married couple with two beautiful sons and two daughters arriving tomorrow."

She came out of the closet dressed.

"Happily married? We're happily married?"

I replied cautiously, "Girl...the last time I checked we were. I'm happy, aren't you happy?"

Her eyes welled. "Let's just go and have the day you planned. We can just talk later, lord knows we'll have plenty of time to do that."

She stormed out to the car and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells and ready to be ambushed. Starting the car, I rubbed her leg and pecked her on the cheek.

We arrived at the James J. Hill House, it's a beautiful mansion built by the railroad magnate on Summit Avenue in St. Paul, for a 10 a.m. tour. She loves history, and it has grown on me as well, so I wanted to do something I knew we would enjoy together.

Upon entering the mansion, I paid for our tickets and walked to a sitting area where we waited for our tour guide. Placing my arm around her, I whispered in her ear.

"I love you Isabella...baby why are you so mad at me?"

Just then the tour guide started to speak. We toured the entire house and I could tell she enjoyed it. I held her hand and rubbed her shoulders and lower back throughout the tour.

Afterwards, I took her to Cafe Latte a very fun cafeteria style restaurant that also has delicious homemade desserts. They are known for their soups, sandwiches and salads and I figured we could find something for her to eat that's light. Then we could share a dessert and also bring back some for the boys and Thomas to have while we are gone at the hospital.