Chapter 9 - You're My Only Need

Second Week in November, Isabella's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face, and feeling like Prince was still inside me, so damn sore. Turning over and grasping his pillow, I realized he was gone. Grabbing my robe with a wince from last night's festivities, I waddled to the bathroom.

A blob of toothpaste later, my teeth were brushed and decided to look for him. His car was gone from the driveway, and there was no note, no text. I called his cell and he didn't answer.

Why did he just leave? I began to freak out. Was this all a joke?

"How could he have left me the morning after we were together? No goodbye? I thought last night was beautiful."

Tears started to flow and denial took the wheel, I was so stupid to believe I could find this kind of love.

The front door creaked and careful footsteps started up the stairs, Prince dropped a brown bag and coffee caddy and ran straight away to me, "Pretty girl what's wrong?"

I was hugging on him so hard and he held me just as tight. Each droplet of tear he wiped and attentively listened.

"When I woke up, you were gone. No note, no text, I tried to call your cell and you didn't answer. I thought you just left. I thought...I thought I turned into a one night stand. Conquest over, chase finished."

He interrupted, "Conquest? Chase? Oh lord Isa no, no, no, baby I just ran down to the bakery on the corner and got us some goodies and coffee. I didn't want you to cook and I didn't want to cook and make a bunch of noise and wake you. I should have left you a note, I'm sorry. It was just a quick trip and back before you woke. Oh sweet thing...after last night don't you know you're my everything?"

Prince took off his clothes, climbed back into bed and let his hands roam making me feel better. Even though I felt so loved, my nerves were shot as it was just too scary.

Prince kissed my forehead and whispered, "Let's start our day over shall we? Good morning beautiful! How's the love of my life? And...How is your love life?"

A full breath expelled in a sigh of relief. "Happy to see you and be in your arms...but...embarrassingly, very sore."

He slid onto his side. "Ooohhh baby let me fix that and draw you a warm bath. By the way sweetness, [kissing me in between his words] I loved too many things to count last night...like seeing your beautiful body, like tasting you, being inside you. I love you Isabella. I even love the color of crimson you are right now."

His giggles only caused more blushing on my part which I could tell he enjoyed. The bathtub faucet started a bath was in my cards.

Too my bedside he came, pulling me out of bed. Hands slipping inside my robe, I couldn't help but hesitate. Surprised, almost offended by my pause.

"Isa, I just saw you last night."

I snickered and said, "Well moonlight is different than BAM daylight."

"Oh baby...you are so unaware of your beauty, so let me tell you. I love you in any light."

Untying my robe and allowing it to open slightly, his breath was on my cheek weakening me in my knees with the loveliest of thoughts.

"I love you in the daylight." His hands firmly around my bare waist.

"I love you at dusk..." My robe now opened even more.

"...I love you in the moonlight. My love for you is a constant."

The robe fell to the floor. Extending his hand like he was going to dance with me, but instead leading me to my bath. Holding my hand as I stepped into my lion claw tub, I descended into the warm water.