Chapter 23 - Paisley Park

Prince's POV 

"Beep beep beep beep, there the alarm is set. Now we just have to remember to turn it off in the morning so we don't have the alarm blaring and the security company calling here."

As I climbed into bed, Isa snuggled up close.

"Prince?"

"Yes baby?"

"Have you been thinking about whether we're having girls, boys or one of each?"

"Isabella I have lately now that you're showing more. All I care about is that you have an easy pregnancy and they are healthy and happy...Are you cold Isa? You're shivering."

"I am ever since the temps went below zero I can't seem to get warm."

"Well the windchills are like -30 so I understand."

She retrieved three blankets from the closet and went to cover Thad, Sebastian and the last one went on us. Slithering back into bed, she curled up on her side and was kinda using me as a body pillow. I loved it.

When the alarm went off I pressed the snooze and laid there holding Isa. It was like we hadn't moved all night, we're just that content with one another. As I laid there I swear I hear water running. That can't be the boys bathroom toilet, it's more of a gushing sound. I eased Isa off of me, hoping not to wake her, and went to investigate. I thankfully remembered to turn the house alarm off.

As I crept downstairs I could tell it was coming from the basement. Turning the basement light on, I walked down half the steps to see the basement floating in about two and a half feet of water.

"Shit...a pipe burst from the cold."

Fuck...I knew I had to go shut off the water, gas and electric. Now I have to wade through this hot mess. I have to go and get on something else than my pajamas.

As I walked back upstairs I met Isa on the stairs.

"Honey what's the water noise?"

"Listen Isa...we need to get out of here. A pipe burst in the basement and we're flooded."

Isabella groaned.

"All will be ok now. I'll take care of it and you guys. Can I borrow an old pair of your sweats that you don't care about because I need to wade through the water and shut off the water, gas and electric?"

"Wait, Chandler use to fish, I have his hip waders in the garage still. They'll probably cover you up to your neck."

"This is no time for short jokes Isa." I joked.

"I'm not joking...it will look like a scuba suit on you."

That time she giggled. I swatted her behind.

"Look...I'll go get the Prince scuba suit in the garage, you go pack up as much as you need for you and the boys for two weeks, we can always come back. Wait...scratch that...Isa you just pack a few things because you need new clothes anyhow. This is the perfect time to get Cynthia working on your wardrobe."

I went to the garage and found the waders and shut off all three utilities. All I can say is YUCK!

I got the flashlight from the kitchen and met her back in our bedroom.

Isa asked, "Prince where are we going until this is cleaned up?"

"Well...we can go to a hotel, but that doesn't allow for much privacy and the boys will bounce off the walls. [sigh] I hate to say it, but I think we'll have to go to Paisley. Plus that solves our security issue with John because there I have security and a fence."