Chapter 20 - Christmas Eve

Prince's POV

This morning we went to Isabella's former in-laws for brunch. Being completely honest, I'm glad we went right in the morning because while Richard was cool and all, Eva was wound a little tight and I could tell that Isa was a little stressed.

The boys enjoyed seeing their grandparents, which is important, so Richard and I spoke a majority of time. I tried to swoop in occasionally to check in with Isa and spend some time with her as I think me being there made it less trying.

We left their house around 1:30 p.m. and headed back to our house. I know, it's Isa's house but you know I've pretty much moved in. Our together house will be ready mid-January so there will be A LOT going on within the next couple of months and my plan is to shield Isa from as much as possible. 

Rubbing my hands together my thoughts ran wild. I am so excited for Christmas. I think I got Isa some things that she is really going to appreciate and enjoy. I can't wait to give them to her, alone.

We spent the afternoon with the boys. First we went sledding from about 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., wearing those boys OUT! It was fun sliding down the hill with them, but climbing that hill...mmm...mmm...mmm had my hips hurting.

After sledding we went home and I supervised the boys' shower routine while Isa started dinner. I put the kibosh on making all these foods that no one enjoys. We are having Isa's homemade pizzas, salad and she made a dessert that she said was a surprise...even for me.

I felt like a little boy on Christmas morning when Isabella called us downstairs to eat. Everything was prepared and sitting on the island, OH MY if that island could talk what it would say about Isa and my sexcapades. She is an awesome cook. In fact, in many ways she's better than Ray...I wonder if that's a talent of hers or the fact that I love her so.

We served ourselves up and brought our plates to the table. It was time for grace and everyone bantered about...whose turn it was to say grace.

Succumbing to the pressure, Sebastian volunteered.

"Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful meal that Mommy made. Thank you for the very fun day with grandma and grandpa. Thank you for the VERY FUN afternoon sledding and thank you for answering my prayers this Christmas. Amen."

Isa turned to Sebastian. "Honey what did you ask for Christmas we haven't opened our gifts yet?"

"Mommy... [and that boy was looking straight at me] I asked God if he would bring us a Daddy."

Thad chimed in. "I've been asking for that for a while."

I got up and hugged and kissed those boys and shared my feelings too. "You know...God answered my prayers as well because I've always asked for a family and that's what we are...a family."

Since Isa cooked, I cleaned up the dishes. We promised the boys they could open one small gift before bed. Thad grabbed my gift first, it was a new guitar case and some picks which he told me he wanted. He was so excited that he got what he asked for and came over and cuddled up on the sofa with me.

Sebastian picked up a small one from me, it was a set of purple sticks for his drum set...he said he wanted ones just like mine. He too was ecstatic and squirmed his way on the other side of me.

They wanted us to open ours and Isa said no no no...the rule to open one only applies to you boys. It's time for bed. In that case, we had one more thing to do which is read the birth of Christ from the gospel of Luke which is the most detailed of all the four gospels.

Isa started but eventually was parched so I took over and then Thad read some with Sebastian finishing up.

Sebastian declared, "We started a new tradition, each of us read. Can we do this every year?"