Chapter 6

Chapter 6

When you think of your future, does it ever scare you? If you think really hard about it, it's literally all on you and how you want to build your life. What you want to be remembered for. IF you wanted to be remembered for something.

I will admit there was a good amount of time I thought I'd go to Brown and join the rest of the intelligent cliques that everyone else so desperately wanted to.

But I had a dream one night. A dream that I could wake up every day and do something I loved to do and smile most of the time. It was through baking and putting a smile on others face. Said dream was me in a tiny bakery in a village in the middle of the French mountains.

Every day people would come in and I'd magically be speaking fluent French, making them coffee and chatting about their days and giving them their favourite pastries. THAT was how I knew I needed to pursue it somehow.

When I did get to nana's house, Jon's car was parked already and nana's house was brightly lit, waiting for my arrival.

"We are DYING over here. Could you walk any slower?!" Jon pulled me into the living room.

Nana looked antsy, which was actually funny to her.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the sofa and powered up my laptop.

"Honey, whatever happens, we are both still proud of you." She smiled.

Nervously I gulped and shook my head indicating I understood because words were just really hard at the moment.

"It's two out of two!" I said excitedly.

"Which ones did you get?" Jon asked impatiently.

" I got New York and Florida. I didn't get Paris and the other one." I looked at my Nana.

"Well, I'm proud of you nonetheless honey. Which one do you want to go for?"

"New York City for sure. I'm sure they would have twinning programs for the summer or something to Paris. Besides, I'm sure Jon will be heading to NYU."

"Yea most probably. So.. how are you going to let your parents know?"

"I have no clue. I guess I'll just pack when the time comes, and just let them know and leave?"

"No, you can't do that. You need to let them know now. They still are your parents. Respecting them is important. "

"Fine. I'll let them know." Jon and I left after that and went our separate ways. I didn't know how to let them know I was going to be leaving. They already said they didn't care and wouldn't want anything to do with me.

Back in my room, I opened Sarah's decoy email and found that Talen had emailed again.

Sarah,

Is everything ok? I hope I didn't force you into coming onto Skype for the date. Sorry if I came on too much. I just enjoy our conversations. So much is lifted off my chest every time we talk. I hope I didn't ruin anything between us.

Talen. x

Dear god, he thought he ruined things?? Well, technically it kind of did ruin things between him and Sarah, but not between him and me. But because he thinks I am Sarah, he actually kinda did ruin things. What a mind fuck.

I knocked on Sarah's door and entered without waiting for her permission to enter. As usual, she was on the phone with the new flavor of the week.

"What do you think you're doing?" she hung up.