Chapter Two | Runaway

Elena, Damon, Stefan and Isabella are in the Salvatore House listening to Rose.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real"

"Who is he?"

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend"

"From the first generation of vampires"

"Like Elijah?"

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal"

"Klaus is known to be the oldest".

Flashback

The brunette beauty walks into the castle, looking around she spots a dark haired man.

The man also sees her and makes his way over to her. Isabella curtsies as he reaches where she is.

"What is your name?"

"Isabella...Isabella Willoughby"

"Elijah Mikaelson" He says to inform her of his name.

Another man who Isabella recognises as Trevor walks over with a woman.

"Hello" The woman says.

The women smile at each other while Elijah looks shocked but intrigued.

"Forgive me. You remind me of someone"

"Katerina, may I introduce the lord Elijah" Trevor watches Katherine with loving eyes. "Pleasure, my lord"                                                                                                                                                                            
The pleasure's mine. Katerina". Both the men seems to be entranced by the woman standing in front of them but Isabella is distracted by someone walking down the steps into the room.

"So where is this mysterious host I've heard so much about?". "Fashionably late. He likes to make an entrance"

Elijah looks to where Isabella is staring as his brother walks into the room. "Here he is"

Katerina and the others seem to lose where he is in the crowd but Isabella never loses where he is then the crowd moves away allowing him to walk over to them.

"Katerina, Isabella may I introduce to you the lord Niklaus"

Isabella and Katerina both curtsy to Niklaus. Klaus takes Katerina's hand, places a kiss on it and does the same to the other woman but lingers a moment longer looking into her eyes.

"Niklaus is the name my father gave me. Please call me Klaus"

End of Flashback

"Isabella?" Rose shakes her out of the flashback. "You were out of it but I'm sure you know most of the information anyway"

Isabella nods "I overheard Klaus talking about the doppelgänger and sacrifice".

"Did you run away too?"

"Yes but he does not know that I am still alive"

"But he found you again and he..." Rose trails off.

"Buried me...yep"

"Harsh" Damon says when he walks back into the room for a glass of bourbon.

"Want some?" He says with a smirk, holding a glass for one of us to take.