Chapter Six | Pity

"Oh my god, shut up!" Isabella shouts, knowing that Stefan would hear her, then hopefully stop kissing and flirting with Elena. Damon chuckles out in the parlour.

She sighs before getting out of bed, to see what the day would bring.

Walking into the parlour, Damon sends her a look and motions towards Rose's werewolf bite.

"Definitely better right Isabella?".

"Uh yeah it looks fine" Isabella moves over to Rose, inspecting the wound knowing that a certain someone's blood could heal her but it is too dangerous.

"Elena?" Damon questions but also demands of her to reassure Rose.

"Um, it's not bad" The doppelgänger replies.

"Where's Stefan?"

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah".

Isabella looks up at the two, interested once the original in a suit is brought up.

"No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if you could play nurse for a little while..."

"It's not necessary" Rose attempts to move but winces because of the pain.

"It is necessary. Elena is a do-gooder. It's in her nature, she just can't resist and Isabella, she is ...well here?"

A glares sent to the older Salvatore brother. "You do realise I'm older than you". Damon nods, walking into a different room while Elena follows after him.

Rose looks at the younger vampire "You don't have to babysit me Isabella".

"I owe it to you, I didn't help with Katerina or Trevor when they were planning to run away and it ended up landing you in trouble, on the run".

She moves closer "No no don't blame yourself".

"Do you ever just remember the years and dream?".

"About my home...a lovely farm with acres of land, trees and flowers covering parts of the fields but grass fields cover most of the land" Rose stares out dreaming about her home. "Horses grazing, birds chirping and flying but the sun...I miss the warmth of the sun that shines down upon the fields".

"You will feel the warmth of the sun soon Rose". Rose nods, dreamily before coming back to reality.

"One day..." She trails off.

-

"I hate this. I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in five centuries"

Elena looks at her pitifully, tucking her into Damon's bed. "Just get in bed".

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out in illness"

"You're not gonna die".

"Such a human thing to say". Isabella sits at the end of the surprisingly comfortable bed. The doppelgänger looks around at Damon's room curiously.

"You've never been in Damon's room before, have you?" Rose notices.

Elena shakes her head, picking up a book. She raises at eyebrow at the title: Gone With The Wind.