Chapter Nine | Goodbye To My Love

Moonlight shines in on Niklaus and Isabella, his blue eyes are closed whereas the brunette's brown eyes are wide open.

His breathing tells her that he is asleep, making it easier to speed out of bed, already in her gown and out of the castle.

Isabella reaches the forest, the doppelgänger Katerina is on the ground, frantically looking around. "Isabella! Help me please".

Isabella's heart says to help her but her head tells her to keep going, far away from here. "I can't Katerina!" She says, tears threatening to spill.

"Why ever not?".

"Because of what you did..." Tears manage to spill out, running down her face. "No Isabella don't! He-" Without giving her a chance to finish, she speeds away.

-

She doesn't know whether she has bad luck or what but she ended up with Jenna and Elijah talking about different historical things in the town of Mystic Falls. Not that Jenna is bad, she is actually quite nice but she doesn't really want to hear about things that she already lived through. Isabella would rather focus on the future instead of dwelling on the past.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence".

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families".

"Why do you say it like that?".

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise".

"Research" She mouths sassily, mocking the original.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?". Bella had known a couple witches in her life, she was wandering around some town where a young girl smiled at her and walked over bravely. The little girl had lovely brown locks and was from a family of the last name Claire.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything".

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial".

"You speak the truth" Elijah rolls his eyes at the girl before continuing "Yes, they are".

"Ah Mr Saltzman" Bella fakes a smile as the teacher walks over. "Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman".

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?".

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history".

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec".

Jenna pulls her along with her causing the vampire to fight the urge to rudely pull away. "So how about Elijah? He seems cute".

Her eyebrows raise at Jenna's comment. "Cute yes but I'm more into blondes".

Elijah comes up behind them, whispering in the brunettes ear. "I seem to remember that you liked blonde curly hair and blue eyes".